Memory Maker vs PhotoPass Photos with iPhone?

wootejl

Earning My Ears
I definitely see the value in getting Memory Maker for the reasons of having everyone in the pictures, not having to carry around a camera, etc... but knowing that the PP photographers will take the same pictures (other than ride photos and magic shots) with your personal phone or camera... is it still worth it?? We've never purchased it before but are considering it for our upcoming trip with my parents, husband and 2-year old. We've always just handed one of our phones over the PP photographers, and I'll admit that the ones they take with our phones are not as good as the ones they take with their camera, but is that just a coincidence or do they always make a point to get the best photos with their cameras to entice you to purchase MM? Also... anyone know if they have PP photographers in the Harmony Barber Shop? We're doing my daughter's first haircut there and that was one of the reasons I was considering pulling the trigger on MM.

I definitely see the value in getting Memory Maker for the reasons of having everyone in the pictures, not having to carry around a camera, etc... but knowing that the PP photographers will take the same pictures (other than ride photos and magic shots) with your personal phone or camera... is it still worth it?? We've never purchased it before but are considering it for our upcoming trip with my parents, husband and 2-year old. We've always just handed one of our phones over the PP photographers, and I'll admit that the ones they take with our phones are not as good as the ones they take with their camera, but is that just a coincidence or do they always make a point to get the best photos with their cameras to entice you to purchase MM? Also... anyone know if they have PP photographers in the Harmony Barber Shop? We're doing my daughter's first haircut there and that was one of the reasons I was considering pulling the trigger on MM.
Harmony Barbershop isn’t a Photopass location. You’ll need to video and take your own photos.

I get memory maker every year and absolutely love it! The best photos for me are the character meets with my daughter. They capture the moment so well and I get to watch it in real time and enjoy it rather than be focused through my phone. The best photos we have are from memory maker!

We used to get it every year for our week long trips. Now it is built into our AP. We love it.

You are correct, you can always get someone to take a picture, including the photopass photographers. But the various effects on the pictures, the magic pictures, the various backgrounds and edits you can perform after the trip, the increased ride pictures, there is a lot to offer...

I get memory maker every year and absolutely love it! The best photos for me are the character meets with my daughter. They capture the moment so well and I get to watch it in real time and enjoy it rather than be focused through my phone. The best photos we have are from memory maker!
Thanks! This is one of the reasons I'm considering it also, however we're still not sure how many Character meets we'll attempt since we're pretty sure our 2 year old is going to be too scared to get close to any of them. I'm hoping some of the face characters won't be as scary for her.

We got it this past trip. We didn't do as many characters as I would have hoped because our 2 year old was scared and our 4 year old didn't care. BUT we got all the ride photos for our 4 year old's first time on the big rides. so that was worth it to me!

We've enjoyed PhotoPass the last few trips as we get it with our APs, but I wouldn't pay extra for it. The ride pics are particularly appreciated.

Bill From PA

I have an AP now so photopass is included but even before my AP I always thought memory maker was worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter