Memory Maker - Share

geniegirl

DIS Veteran
Ok so I always get MM for our family but this trip its just me and my older son. I was going to skip and just use our own camera. However I have a co-worker going the same time and I asked if I could just give her some money and share theirs. However I have a few questions.

We are not linking our reservations but I was thinking that I would just get a MM card and scan that instead of our bands. My questions are

1. If we use a card is there a way to link the new videos? - Can I just scan the card and they will be added?

2. If I use a card can I view the photos on my MDE acct while there then enter the same card code on their account so my pics will show when they download their pics when we get home?

3. This is more for them - they are a group of 14 (all of their bands will be linked in 1 MDE) I know all photos will show no matter who scans the band but how does that work for the videos - is there 1 master band and if others ride they wont get the video.

Thanks, thought I had this all figured out but never shared a MM

Not sure about sharing without linking yourselves in MDE.

1) You will only get ride videos (7dwarfs and Towerof Terror) if you have a Magic Band that is linked to an account with Memory Maker. I think also 7 dwarfs still photo only shows up with a linked Mb.

2) not sure if you can enter the same card code into 2 accounts

3) ride photos and videos will all show up no matter who scans or rides. They will get ride photos and videos of each car that one of their party is in, no "master band"

Hope someone else can help more with the card/sharing questions.

Ok so I always get MM for our family but this trip its just me and my older son. I was going to skip and just use our own camera. However I have a co-worker going the same time and I asked if I could just give her some money and share theirs. However I have a few questions.

We are not linking our reservations but I was thinking that I would just get a MM card and scan that instead of our bands. My questions are

1. If we use a card is there a way to link the new videos? - Can I just scan the card and they will be added?

2. If I use a card can I view the photos on my MDE acct while there then enter the same card code on their account so my pics will show when they download their pics when we get home?

3. This is more for them - they are a group of 14 (all of their bands will be linked in 1 MDE) I know all photos will show no matter who scans the band but how does that work for the videos - is there 1 master band and if others ride they wont get the video.

Thanks, thought I had this all figured out but never shared a MM

Have the same doubts ...

We went in September and a set of friends went the same time they stayed onsite and we stayed shades of green so no magic bands. She bought the MM and the first person who took our photos handed me a card and I just added that to the memory maker account and then once any more pictures were taken and they scanned that card they were automatically uploaded to our accounts. We did have a little trouble with ride photos because it wasn't an official memory maker card but they did add them when we asked. We did link accounts which stunk because it showed all her plans in my acct and mine in hers. The other thing you could do is just give them the card number off your card and have them put it in. I don't think you would be able to view them until they downloaded them and gave you a copy. We took pictures of our cards on our phones so if we lost it we still had the number to get all the pictures.

Thanks

Yes I think I will just get the card and have them add it to their acct once we are home. I like the simplicity of the band but can deal with the card. I really don't need to see them as we go just thought it would be nice. I was more concerned about the shots than the video anyhow. So I guess this will work.

Where can we find a share for February/March 2015? I know there used to be a Facebook group, but that got shut down I believe.

I'm sharing memory maker with another family I know that is going the week after I am. I did a lot of research to make sure it was possible before purchasing. From what I can tell, you can use your magic band (or a card) to scan pictures to your own MDE account even if there is no memory maker linked to your account. You have to add the other family to your account as "family & friends" (you can do that without linking reservations) and select the option to share pictures with "family & friends." She will be able to see your photos and download them under her account. However she will only be able to see the original pics, not the edits. So if you want to add borders to your photos you will have to get together so you can do it under her account. Hope this is helpful!

Not sure about sharing without linking yourselves in MDE.

1) You will only get ride videos (7dwarfs and Towerof Terror) if you have a Magic Band that is linked to an account with Memory Maker. I think also 7 dwarfs still photo only shows up with a linked Mb.

2) not sure if you can enter the same card code into 2 accounts

3) ride photos and videos will all show up no matter who scans or rides. They will get ride photos and videos of each car that one of their party is in, no "master band"

Hope someone else can help more with the card/sharing questions.

I didn't realize there are ride videos on some rides now. Is it just ToT and SDMT or are there some others?

My experience from this past summer is that only the person who purchased MM can download the photos, and only they can see the ride photos. My sister had purchased MM and, despite being linked, the ride photos just don't show up under my login. They did get captured and were downloaded, but we just couldn't see them.

Now, as of my experience yesterday, it seems ride photos get linked to your account when you wear your magic band, regardless if you've purchased MM or not.

Only the account that purchased MM can edit and download the photos, no matter whose band captured the photos. So you'd have to let your co-worker sign into your MDE account or find another way.

I didn't realize there are ride videos on some rides now. Is it just ToT and SDMT or are there some others?

Just those two.theres a short video that includes some stock footage, and then a few seconds of your own car/group. It's fun to see!

Only the account that purchased MM can edit and download the photos, no matter whose band captured the photos. So you'd have to let your co-worker sign into your MDE account or find another way.

So if I have...
3 rooms under different names
totaling 12 people
which are 3 different mde accounts
Is there a way to allow everyone take pictures and link them to 1 magic maker purchase?
I would like to edit them all with boarders and sizes but I read here https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/memory-maker/ that ride photos only work with the account that purchased mm.

So I am thinking the only way to do it is via a card. If I have a card(s) then I can link them directly to the main account

So if I have...
3 rooms under different names
totaling 12 people
which are 3 different mde accounts
Is there a way to allow everyone take pictures and link them to 1 magic maker purchase?
I would like to edit them all with boarders and sizes but I read here https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/memory-maker/ that ride photos only work with the account that purchased mm.

So I am thinking the only way to do it is via a card. If I have a card(s) then I can link them directly to the main account

If you will do all the editing and downloading, then you should purchase the MM on your MDE account. Then make sure everyone from each of the three rooms is linked as a friend and family to your MDE account (with the box checked that allows you to purchase and share their photos). That way, everyone's Magic Band will work for all MM photos, ride or otherwise.

If you will do all the editing and downloading, then you should purchase the MM on your MDE account. Then make sure everyone from each of the three rooms is linked as a friend and family to your MDE account (with the box checked that allows you to purchase and share their photos). That way, everyone's Magic Band will work for all MM photos, ride or otherwise.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter