Memory Maker Questions

pdmeroc

Concord, Ohio Disney Guy
A few questions about memory maker.

Can the pictures be downloaded to your computer?

What format are the pictures?

If we get it, I'd like to be sure we can look at the pictures any time we want.

Thanks for the help.

We had Photopass last year and yes, you could download those to your computer. It's my understanding that Memory Maker only allows downloads and will not send you a disk by mail. Last year we could see our photos within 24 hours, but sometimes sooner. It was the best money spent....we had about 400 pictures. We saw lots of characters, did shows, were in stage shows etc, so lots of opportunities for photos. :)

You pay that much money and they won't mail out the cd anymore??????:confused: That is the only reason I ordered it for my upcoming trip in August...to get the cd with all the pictures including the ones I customize. Really disappointed and may cancel it if that is true.

We had Photopass last year and yes, you could download those to your computer. It's my understanding that Memory Maker only allows downloads and will not send you a disk by mail. Last year we could see our photos within 24 hours, but sometimes sooner. It was the best money spent....we had about 400 pictures. We saw lots of characters, did shows, were in stage shows etc, so lots of opportunities for photos. :)

When you say they got pics for you at shows, how did that work if there were other audience members who also signed up for MM?

I think I read that MM is non-refundable. That is one of the reasons it took me so long to decide if I wanted it. In the end I'm glad I did get it.

I'm using it on a trip right now and after two days I've looked at my pics so far. You can add borders and things as far as I can tell. I've ordered photo pass CD before and once the pics have been moved to my computer I never used the CD again anyway.

I have 2 questions for anyone who might know. Can photo pass cards be added to memory maker from the computer at home, or does the photo center in the park have to do it? Also, I'm missing a few ride photos from 2 days ago. Will they show up still or do I need to call about that?

Thanks!

What if a photo with a princess doesn't show up and you know time and place? Can you call to have it put on? I had each camera person scan but there is a couple missing.

For an extra $30, you can get the CD with all of your pictures AND the one with the stock pictures. You just have to make sure you order before your pictures expire - I ordered mine with, like, 30 minutes to spare before my day one pix expired, and they are not on the CD. No biggie - I'd downloaded them, anyway, but it would have been nice if they'd been on the CD.

The files are JPGs with names that make it impossible to tell what they are.

PhotoPass cards can be added to your account - just go to the link that says, "Claim pictures" and enter the code on the card.

You pay that much money and they won't mail out the cd anymore??????:confused: That is the only reason I ordered it for my upcoming trip in August...to get the cd with all the pictures including the ones I customize. Really disappointed and may cancel it if that is true.

Mailing out a CD is outdated technology. They have updated their delivery procedure to take advantage of direct downloading. This is faster and creates less waste than mailing CDs.

When you say they got pics for you at shows, how did that work if there were other audience members who also signed up for MM?

You get photos of other people. You delete those photos.

I have 2 questions for anyone who might know. Can photo pass cards be added to memory maker from the computer at home, or does the photo center in the park have to do it? Also, I'm missing a few ride photos from 2 days ago. Will they show up still or do I need to call about that?

Yes, you can add any PP card number from home.

Ride photos are probably lost if it has already ben two days. Other PP photos can generally be found, but ride photos are deleted. It is worth checking, but I am not optimistic for you.

I'm using it on a trip right now and after two days I've looked at my pics so far. You can add borders and things as far as I can tell. I've ordered photo pass CD before and once the pics have been moved to my computer I never used the CD again anyway. I have 2 questions for anyone who might know. Can photo pass cards be added to memory maker from the computer at home, or does the photo center in the park have to do it? Also, I'm missing a few ride photos from 2 days ago. Will they show up still or do I need to call about that? Thanks!

We had 2 ride photos missing when we returned home. They managed to find one that was about 8 days old because I had the photo #. The other was lost :(. It was a computer error where the ride was not able to give you a number or photo but said to call in with the time you were at the ride and they would try to find you. They weren't able too :(

A follow up on the missing ride photo. The person at the photo center at Animal Kingdom was able to pull up the ride photos of Splash Mountain from 4 days earlier by time of day.

I am supposed to be getting the memory maker free with my AP resort ressie in July. Do I have to do anything or is it just automatic? The way everything is "linked" on line these days...:confused3 I don't want to miss out on any photos we have taken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter