Memory Maker.....Photo Pass

tjlamphere

DIS Veteran
My wife and I will be renewing our AP very soon. We have friends that are going to WDW in 2 weeks....once I renew our AP, can I link their tickets on our MDE to my account and they would have access to Memory Maker at no cost? Exactly how does it work?????

As long as they are linked to your MDE under freinds and family, all Photopass photos should show up in yours whether its a photo of you or them.

Yeah, we had this about 10 fold this past April. We took a trip with extended family (10 members total), and bought the Memory Maker. They were all linked through MDE. Of course when we had the rides where all of us (or a significant number) rode, I ended up with 10 of the same ride photos! We have gotten Memory Maker every time we've gone and the photos are great. A few even made it onto our Christmas card this year.

Do I have to renew my AP first??? Then what information do I need from my friends to link them to my MDE??? And do I just call Disney to renew my AP??? Can I do it online??? Thanks for helping me out with this!!!

So I bought our APs last night. My friend is now showing up in my Family and Friends on MDE. Is there anything else I or she needs to do for them to utilize Photo Pass/Memory Maker??? (Are they the same thing?) They leave for WDW later this week. Want to make sure that when they tap their MB with the photographer, their photos will show up on MDE...and will they be able to view them on their own MDE???? Still fuzzy about this. THANKS !!!

She has to allow you to see her pictures on MDE, as well as anyone else who might use their MBs for linking Photopass pictures. Their pictures will show up on their Photopass, but they will not be able to download them for free. They will show up on yours, where you can download them. You can also download any they modify.

She has to allow you to see her pictures on MDE, as well as anyone else who might use their MBs for linking Photopass pictures. Their pictures will show up on their Photopass, but they will not be able to download them for free. They will show up on yours, where you can download them. You can also download any they modify.
Key Question: We purchased our Annual Passes, but, will not activate them at WDW till February. With that being said, can a Family Member that is in my MDE use Photo Pass next week and not have to pay for it???

Key Question: We purchased our Annual Passes, but, will not activate them at WDW till February. With that being said, can a Family Member that is in my MDE use Photo Pass next week and not have to pay for it???

When we activated new APs, we could then see and download all photos in our PhotoPass account that were less than 1 year and 30 days old. But before we activated them, we could only see the ones that were 45 days old or less. So I think that you and your family member should be able to see her photos when they’re taken, but they’ll have watermarks on them. I think you’ll have to wait until you activate your AP in February to be able to see AND DOWNLOAD them without the watermark.

When we activated new APs, we could then see and download all photos in our PhotoPass account that were less than 1 year and 30 days old. But before we activated them, we could only see the ones that were 45 days old or less. So I think that you and your family member should be able to see her photos when they’re taken, but they’ll have watermarks on them. I think you’ll have to wait until you activate your AP in February to be able to see AND DOWNLOAD them without the watermark.
Sounds good.....now, here is a "technical" question: Our friends will have pics taken next week. They will be able to view them, with the watermark. Our APs will be activated the first week of February...at that time, our Friends should be able to both view and download their photos, without the watermark....now, they will be here in town, my DW and I will be in FL. If our friends want to view and download their own pics, they would need to log into my MDE, not theirs correct? I have no problem letting them log into my MDE to download their pics right after their trip.

Does this sound like what you would do ????

Sounds good.....now, here is a "technical" question: Our friends will have pics taken next week. They will be able to view them, with the watermark. Our APs will be activated the first week of February...at that time, our Friends should be able to both view and download their photos, without the watermark....now, they will be here in town, my DW and I will be in FL. If our friends want to view and download their own pics, they would need to log into my MDE, not theirs correct? I have no problem letting them log into my MDE to download their pics right after their trip.

Does this sound like what you would do ????

Yes, to download photos without watermark and without paying, they’ll need to be logged in to your PhotoPass account, after you activate your AP. At least, that’s how I believe it works :scared:!

Digging up this thread as I have almost the exact same question. Renewed AP in July but not going to activate the new one until March 6. Am linked in MDE with someone who was there over Christmas. I can see her photos, with a watermark, and it says they expire Feb. 10. Is the watermark legit (not an error) since I haven’t used my renewed AP yet? (Side question-This would surprise me because isn’t my AP 12 month clock already counting down since it was a renewal, not a new purchase?)
Either way, after these photos expire on Feb. 10, will they reappear in my account again after I activate on March 6, or will they be gone for good? Thank you!!

Digging up this thread as I have almost the exact same question. Renewed AP in July but not going to activate the new one until March 6. Am linked in MDE with someone who was there over Christmas. I can see her photos, with a watermark, and it says they expire Feb. 10. Is the watermark legit (not an error) since I haven’t used my renewed AP yet? (Side question-This would surprise me because isn’t my AP 12 month clock already counting down since it was a renewal, not a new purchase?)
Either way, after these photos expire on Feb. 10, will they reappear in my account again after I activate on March 6, or will they be gone for good? Thank you!!

I'm going to tag @Tomh for this one as he has a sticky about Memory Maker here on the Theme Parks board. He'll have a better answer than I will.

I'm going to tag @Tomh for this one as he has a sticky about Memory Maker here on the Theme Parks board. He'll have a better answer than I will.
The pressure is on. Keep in mind that my experience with an AP is only the past few months. When I purchased, and activated my AP, I was able to see photos taken the previous summer, including my friends and family, so I believe that the same will apply for you. When you activate your AP, I believe that any photos taken within the last year and 30 days will reappear in your account, without the water marks, and be available for you to download.

The pressure is on. Keep in mind that my experience with an AP is only the past few months. When I purchased, and activated my AP, I was able to see photos taken the previous summer, including my friends and family, so I believe that the same will apply for you. When you activate your AP, I believe that any photos taken within the last year and 30 days will reappear in your account, without the water marks, and be available for you to download.

My experience has been the same, through multiple AP renewals as well as an AP expiration and activation of a new one several months later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter