memory maker and ride photos

fnm

Earning My Ears
SO I bought memory maker for my trip in December, but how does it work with the ride photos? Do they automatically show up in your account or do you have to go to where you'd purchase them and scan the band there?

Yes... and yes. :rolleyes1 We did Memory Maker the last week of October and also assumed the ride photos would automatically be linked. Regardless, we still went up to the counter after the ride on many occasions and had our magic band scanned just to be safe. Didn't matter. After we got home from our 9 day trip I'd say about 70% of our ride photos were missing. I did contact customer support and gave them the times of our FP+ ride reservations and they were able to find most of our missing photos, but not 100%. They probably would not have found any of them if I didn't have our FP+ times. Hope it works better for you!! Have fun!

Yes... and yes. :rolleyes1 We did Memory Maker the last week of October and also assumed the ride photos would automatically be linked. Regardless, we still went up to the counter after the ride on many occasions and had our magic band scanned just to be safe. Didn't matter. After we got home from our 9 day trip I'd say about 70% of our ride photos were missing. I did contact customer support and gave them the times of our FP+ ride reservations and they were able to find most of our missing photos, but not 100%. They probably would not have found any of them if I didn't have our FP+ times. Hope it works better for you!! Have fun!

Last week we had some ride photos missing as well. Once on Buzz, ToT, RnR and TT.

A couple of questions...how do they know if you ride a ride? Like, if I do stand by for Splash Mountain, do I just go to the counter after the ride?? Also, we won't have magic bands (staying off site) do we just scan our park ticket? Thanks!

How long does it take for the photos to show up? I was just wondering if we would be able to see them on the trip for the ones taken on the first couple of days.
Thanks!

A couple of questions...how do they know if you ride a ride? Like, if I do stand by for Splash Mountain, do I just go to the counter after the ride?? Also, we won't have magic bands (staying off site) do we just scan our park ticket? Thanks!

The Magic Bands are how the ride knows you had a picture taken and links it to your account. If you don't have Magic Bands I believe you will need to have your Memory Maker card scanned. When we pre-purchased Memory Maker we were mailed a special Memory Maker card. But we never used the card because we had the bands.

How long does it take for the photos to show up? I was just wondering if we would be able to see them on the trip for the ones taken on the first couple of days.
Thanks!

I would check our photos that same day via my smartphone or Nexus Tablet. When some of our photos didn't show up there I questioned CM's and they told me that sometimes they aren't view-able on mobile devices and could take a day to show up regardless. You can also stop by the photopass service locations in the park and view your photos.

Last week we had some ride photos missing as well. Once on Buzz, ToT, RnR and TT.

Same here. I didn't check when we were there (bad decision on my part) and we're missing our TT and RnR photos. I did send an email with our FP+ times, so I'm waiting to hear back.

How do they know you are on the ride if you didn't use a fp so you didn't scan your band?

Similar to how EZ-Pass or other road toll payment systems work. They just have a scanner read all the RFID chips in the bands of everyone in the car and forward the picture to the correct account.

So I can't seem to find the answer to this with any of my searches...

If you have memory maker with no magic bands...I understand you can generally get photos added after a ride by going to the counter and linking them.

But the one thing I was able to come across says that for 7DMT, you can only get the video and photos if you have magic bands. Is this true? (This was a september article, so maybe it has changed).

So I can't seem to find the answer to this with any of my searches... If you have memory maker with no magic bands...I understand you can generally get photos added after a ride by going to the counter and linking them. But the one thing I was able to come across says that for 7DMT, you can only get the video and photos if you have magic bands. Is this true? (This was a september article, so maybe it has changed).

This would be correct. Their is no ride photo stand after the ride, an MB is required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter