Memory Lane......

My *very* earliest memory was when I was very little. We would drive from Florida to Kentucky to visit my Grandma, and I would be *so* excited because the "Mickey Mouse Club" tv show came on there, and it didn't at my house! My second earliest memory was the same as many of y'all here. . . .waiting all day Sunday for the Wonderful World of Disney to come on! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Especially Tinkerbell flying all over the screen with her magic wand!

My first memory of anything Disney is a not so great one. In 1964, at the NY World's Fair, Mickey & Goofy were greeting people. I was a little kid (3 yrs old) and was scared to death of them! My dad got my terrified reaction on film. And now when I go to WDW I always get excited to see them.!

My first WDW memory? Being jealous of my best friend because she got to go in 1972! I didn't get there until 1993! And then my first personal memory was Epcot and Spaceship Earth--my first WDW ride!

I remember my family's first trip the year after the world opened. My parents got us there for the early entrance that resort guests got every day back then. My family was walking - all alone down Main St. Not a soul in front of us when all of a sudden Pluto appears skipping towards us!

My younger brother - probably about 5 at the time takes off running to Pluto and Pluto ducks into a doorway and then peeks out and my brother just catapults himself into Pluto's arms.

I was only 9 myself and have such a clear "snap shot" memory of that moment - including feeling a bit guilty that I was "too old" to chase Pluto.

Ya know - I'd chase him now though!

Barbara

Watching Bedknobs and Broomsticks 12 times in one summer (1976) because I thought it was the greatest movie I had ever seen. I have been a Disney Fan ever since. ::MickeyMo

My earliest memory is going to the MK and screaming and crying the whole time on Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion. They scared me to death! :scared1: And I remember loving It's A Small World! :rolleyes:
That has certainly changed. Now I love Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion and scream and cry every time I hear the song from It's a Small World! :earseek: Just kidding! LOL! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter