Memory Card Error!

K&KsMom

Mouseketeer
Anyone have any ideas on why both my memory cards are reading card error? I am so upset. Both cards had 130+ pics on them from our Christmas WDW trip. HELP!!

What brand, size, type do you have? What kind of error message you're getting? Are you trying to download the data from a card reader or from the camera itself?

You might want to try this utility (or a similar one):

http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/index.htm

I have never used Photorescue myself but I've heard of it (is that an endorsement?). It says it can save formatted or corrupted files from a card. I'm sure it's not 100% but it has a demo that will show you what it can recover from a particular card. What have you got to lose that you haven't already lost?

If anyone knows of another program that they've actually used then feel free to chime in.

Photorescue is good. You may not get ALL of your photos back, but most of them is better than none! he same thing happened to me.. not with disney photos... but with everyday snapshots. I did get most of my pics back and then you can reformat the card and its good as new (blank).

PaulD said:
You might want to try this utility (or a similar one):

http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/index.htm

I have never used Photorescue myself but I've heard of it (is that an endorsement?). It says it can save formatted or corrupted files from a card. I'm sure it's not 100% but it has a demo that will show you what it can recover from a particular card. What have you got to lose that you haven't already lost?

If anyone knows of another program that they've actually used then feel free to chime in.

If you are willing to pay for a service to attempt to recover the files, checkout http://www.drivesavers.com . When I had a CF with 100+ photos of a friend's wedding go bad, they quoted me about $200. I was actually able to recover most of them with Photorescue (mentioned above) and didn't worry about the others, wasn't worth it. It might be for you.

I am going to give DH the websites. I am hopeful that one will work. Thanks again!

Will the download walk me through the whole process? Also will they be saved to the hard drive? I am sorry if I seem a little slow this morning!

My friend had the same problem and tried her memory card in an older camera she had and they appeared like magic. Just a shot in the dark to try!

I'd just like to add that it is possible for your memory card to get corrupted, especially via kiosks like the Kodak Picture Maker.They can transmit viruses just like anyother piece of computer equipment that is exposed to other computers.

Photorescue is a good program though. I'm not a fan of digital for reasons like this.But i totally understand how for some people its a good option. Good luck!
Sherrie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter