Memories Weddings and VRs! Chat Here!

FINALLY! Our time has come and we have gotten the planning process started! 6 months from today we will be getting married:banana:

I called a few days ago and they went ahead and got the ball rolling, and got me hooked up with Karen! She called the same day and has been great so far! I also just got the basic email for info. for the LOA. I also called today and made sure with a member of the DFTW team that we are indeed in the computer system for 10/1/2011 at 9AM at Luau Beach!!! Wahoo!! Sorry ladies, just had to share my excitment!

Yay! I am so happy for you!

Haha, a little jealous too. I am hoping for April next year so I can't book for a loooong time.

FINALLY! Our time has come and we have gotten the planning process started! 6 months from today we will be getting married:banana:

I called a few days ago and they went ahead and got the ball rolling, and got me hooked up with Karen! She called the same day and has been great so far! I also just got the basic email for info. for the LOA. I also called today and made sure with a member of the DFTW team that we are indeed in the computer system for 10/1/2011 at 9AM at Luau Beach!!! Wahoo!! Sorry ladies, just had to share my excitment!

Congrats!!!:banana:

That's awesome!!! :cool1: I'm excited for you!

It is an exciting feeling! :yay: We just booked our Luau Beach ceremony too, for the week before yours--9/24@9am--for our VR. Are you staying at the Poly? We'll be there from 9/23 thru 10/2!

How exciting! No Poly for us..we wish! With a little one at home and a fresh college grad its a little out of our price range lol. Currently we are booked at CSR but are thinking about moving to WL or AKL!

Question for all you lovely Memories brides...

Even though there can only be four guests, are any of you inviting more family to Disney to celebrate with them at a dinner afterwards or anything and give them an excuse to have a Disney vacation?

I have told my sisters that we are planning to get married next April (which means we can't book yet for a long time) and that they wouldn't be able to come to the ceremony but that we'd love to celebrate with them afterwards if they can afford to make the trip. Am I strange for trying to invite people, knowing that they can't actually come to the wedding?

When we were planning our Memories Wedding, we knew that the guest count would be too high if we invited the wife of my DF brother and the Significant other of my DF sister.

So, when we sent the Save the Dates, we sent those two special "Wedding Dinner and other events" Save the dates. That way they knew we wanted to still celebrate with them.

We also explained to his family the guest limit with our package.

After all that, his sister and boyfriend can't come because they just bought a house and don't have the money. His brother and his brother's wife can't come because they have no money after their wedding and his parents can't come either. :confused:

But they all understood and his parents might make it last minute.

I think you should do what makes you comfortable and just keep an open dialogue with your family.

we are expecting 19 people at our wedding , if you opt to hire your own photographer , stan and randy chapman have a photo and video deal for 500.00, you can get a live webcast for 125.00 , we are considering this option .
I wish we had know everyone would come , we would have upgraded to an escape , but it's too late now , the trips are booked and a saturday escape is way out of budget for us

We just did our memories wedding last weekend at luau cove beach - it was perfect. The only thing I wish I had done was bring a nice pair of sunglasses for the ceremony, strange as that might sound. At 1 pm the glare from the sand was very intense, although I bet 9 am would be fine.

We will be together for 10 years in December and we are finally getting married!! I’m planning on a December 31st wedding at Luau Cove and I’m a little freaked out about having to wait until June 30th to book it!! Hopefully we will get the date.... :hug:

We were also together for 7 years with kids before our Memories wedding - which was last Saturday and it was perfect.
Call day of and I am sure you will get your booking. PM me if you need any phone numbers.

Linda

Absolutely - i am looking forward to getting the photos. When we returned to our room that day there was a package waiting and we received a framed photo of the two us from Disney Weddings.

Absolutely - i am looking forward to getting the photos. When we returned to our room that day there was a package waiting and we received a framed photo of the two us from Disney Weddings.
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Thank you for sharing your experiences with the Memories Wedding. It is wonderful that DFTW is offering this package. I'll be curious to see if they will continue it.:) 2 more days before I can book our MC wedding date...

We just did our memories wedding last weekend at luau cove beach - it was perfect. The only thing I wish I had done was bring a nice pair of sunglasses for the ceremony, strange as that might sound. At 1 pm the glare from the sand was very intense, although I bet 9 am would be fine.

Congratulations! And yes, please share pics! :goodvibes

My contract went out in today's mail for a memories vow renewal on Oct 22, 3PM, Conch Key Marina.
I know there is not a lot to plan but I am excited now that it is done.

Hi Everyone,
This threads been quiet for a while, but with so many experienced brides here I though it'd be a good place to ask.:goodvibes
So...for those of you who've already had your event and those who like me are waiting for the 'booking day'... do you book all your other things like photography, hair and officiant before the 6 months date?
Also I've read people asking by not seen any replies - Has anyone not been able to get the time they wanted?
Thanks everyone. Many congratulations to you all:cloud9:

Our wedding is Oct. 1st at Luau Beach and we booked ours April 1st. We had no issue what so ever booking what location and time that we wanted. But, I was very worried and anxious thinking that we would not get what we wanted. I actually called a few days before to DFTW and they penciled me in a few days before.

As far as hair/makeup and photoraphy/videography we did all of our researching and picked out who we wanted and also booked/paid deposits right at the six month mark.

What are you thinking for your wedding?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter