Memorial Weekend. What can we expect ? I feel like I need to plan more.

pandora174

DIS Veteran
We're headed to Universal and checking in Fri 5/23 for 3 nights. Staying at the Portofino, Bayview room (can't wait for that !). Haven't been in about 7 years so we're pretty excited. We are not rollercoaster types so just looking forward to eveything else. Hoping by staying onsite it will help with the lines. But we haven't made any reservations for restaurants. Not sure if just to relax or if I should be doing more planning ? I'm used to WDW and I tend to overplan but for some reason I just don't know what to do with this Universal vacation. I mean it's all booked and I feel weird to just check in without some game plan. Am I overthinking this ?

Just wanted any ideas or suggestions. Realistically how bad will it be crowd wise ? The only place I would like to eat is Mythos and we do prefer sit down restaurants but again we're flexible. I know it's Mardi Gras and we've never seen that. It would be nice to see the parade. I figure we have 3 days and are very flexible. It will be myself, DH and DS 11.

Again any ideas or suggestions are really appreciated. For some reason feeling anxious. :headache: :thumbsup2 TIA

Just relax and go with the flow. No more planning needed.

I think I get where you are coming from.... part of the fun of an Orlando vacation is in the planning..... Planning just helps to prolong the excitement.

You can always look up the menus and see where you might want to eat at the parks, even if you don't make a plan for which day and what time... you can know which restaurants are must dos for you. And don't forget to check out the menus for the restaurants in Citywalk and at the different resorts also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter