• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memorial Day/Last day for Flower Festival at Epcot, how crazy?

JenniferFolsomCa

Mouseketeer
We are visiting Orlando end of May/early June and are trying to plan out visit. I have never been to the Flower Festival at Epcot and it looks fun!

The problem is that the only day I am there that Epcot has the flower festival is Monday/Memorial Day. My plan was to spend until noon at Hollywood Studios and then hop over to Epcot and spend the rest of the day. I will have burned through my 3 fastpasses by noon at HS (hoping for Toy Story Mania, Rock and Rock Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror). Do you all think it is likely I can get in? I know HS has toysland opening around then so knew I didn't want to spend the whole day there, way to busy but did want to ride a few of the biggies and then leave. My expectation in Epcot would be to hit the less busy countries, nibble at the stands and test track with single rider, Imagination, and a few other attractions. I know seeing the Norway/Anna and Elsa is not likely.

Any thoughts? Do you think I can actually even get in around noon or will they stop allowing people in then? Do loads of people come on that last day?

Any thoughts?

If I don't go then, I can go to Epcot later in the week, but no festival.

Jennifer

Just a heads up, Toy Story land might not open by Memorial Day and currently after April 8 they are not offering fast passes for TSMM. No one knows when they will be offered again. Original rumor is one month so we have awhile before we know more.

DH and I were at WDW for Memorial Day 2016 (obviously TS land was not a factor). We had never been during a holiday weekend or busy time of year and I was nervous. However, even though parks were busy there was no threat of them reaching capacity. At MK on Memorial Day weekend we were able to secure 5 FPs after our first 3! At HS and Epcot things were a little tighter, but doable - I don't remember if we got 4th FP in those parks.
The Flower and Garden Festival is beautiful and I highly recommend it.

DS26 and I were at Epcot on Memorial Day last year. I remember specifically where we were because as we were entering the Rose & Crown DS26 bumped into a buddy he served with in the Army in the middle-east. I remember thinking how cool it was that it was Memorial Day. And, to top it off, as they were getting reacquainted another young gentleman overheard them talking about their service experience and asked them if he could buy them both a beer. :thumbsup2

Anyways, all of WDW was fairly crowded that weekend as Pandora opened the previous Saturday and we were there on opening morning and all day. I have never been to Epcot at the craziest of crowds and it was not crazy busy but it was busy. I cannot remember who was playing at Garden Rocks that night but it did not interest us so we skipped the concerts but did end up having dinner at the R&C and watching Illuminations from there. Bottom line is I would not hesitate to go again at that time. :)

;)

Last edited:

We have gone Memorial Day weekend for the last three years, and will be going again this year. It is very hot usually, but the crowds are not too bad. A good touring plan and planning for very hot weather will see you through just fine. I think on Memorial Day MK will be more crowded than Epcot.

We have gone Memorial Day weekend for the last three years, and will be going again this year. It is very hot usually, but the crowds are not too bad. A good touring plan and planning for very hot weather will see you through just fine. I think on Memorial Day MK will be more crowded than Epcot.

I'm between memorial day or the end of june...any suggestions?

This Year Toy story Land opens June 30. I am guessing there will be a surge at the end of June for that. There is no FPs for TSMM until it's open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter