Memorial Day 2022 trip Park days advice

desl10

Mouseketeer
Planning a trip arriving Sat. May 28th and leaving Sat. June 4th. We are doing a split stay with Saturday-Wednesday at Signa by Hilton Bonnet Creek and Thursday-Saturday at another hotel. We are planning for 4 park days and 2 pool days. Since we are changing hotels on Thursday, June 2nd I figured that would be a pool day. However, I am so stumped on what days to do the parks. Normally I do well at planning but this year my brain can't make a decision.
With it being Memorial day weekend I think that has me nervous.
Arrival day is Sat, May28th so no park that day. Are we better off doing parks days Sunday 29th, Monday 30th (memorial day), Wed 1st and Friday 3rd. or starting on Memorial Day Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday. and skipping the Sunday 29th since its a weekend?

WHATS the best PARK on MEMORIAL DAY that wont be the busiest??? We want to hit all 4 parks for 1 day each. No park hopping this time. So we can stay all day.

My rough draft plan was
Sunday May 29th Animal Kingdom
Memorial Day Monday May 30th options are either Pool day, Magic, Hollywood, or Animal
Tuesday May 31st- Hollywood
Wednesday June 1st- either Magic or Hollywood
Thursday- change hotels so POOL day
Friday June 3rd- Magic or Epcot
Sat- Leave

Would love some input

Having been for 2 Memorial Day weekends (it’s my birthday) including last year for nearly the exact dates you plan to go, I would strongly suggest making Memorial Day itself your pool day. I did that last year at the GF, though last year saw unusually light crowds during that whole week that I would not expect for your dates this year given travel patterns and the state of Disney hotel bookings for 2022.

The plus side to holiday weekends is longer park hours but on the holidays themselves crowds are generally obscene no matter what park you go to; there is no good park to be in on an actual holiday lol. MK is by far the worst though and if you insist on going to a park that day I would do AK, avoid MK and HS like the plague. On my last offsite stay (in the before times) we went to MK on Memorial Day and driving home was an absolute nightmare I never care to repeat. HS wait times will be absurd. I love my holiday weekend getaways but I’m an AP who can come back. On a longer stay I would avoid parks.

Thanks so much for you experienced feedback. All the blogs I read say Memorial Day is the lesser of holidays but giving we have a choice to avoid that day I wanted feedback. Do you think AK on Sunday the day before Memorial? So Sat arrive, Sunday AK, Monday pool, Tuesday Hollywood or MK, Wednesday MK or Hollywood, Thursday pool Friday Epcot. Any other input on specific day after Memorial best park?

Honestly if you can I would have all park days and no pool days. Especially with the Genie+ and ILL you might have trouble getting what you want. We were there Thanksgiving where ride lines were awful don’t know how crowded this holiday gets and had technical issues where it would ask me to sign in or send a passcode through e-mail over and over and by the time it stopped no slots left for some of the extra fee rides like ROTR. We were glad we had park hoppers because our first HS day could not get ROTR at all was able to get it the next day for an evening time after a day at AK. We got to the ride and it had broken down. Luckily came back up in an hour had heard it was the second time that day and it happened a lot that week.

Honestly if you can I would have all park days and no pool days. Especially with the Genie+ and ILL you might have trouble getting what you want. We were there Thanksgiving where ride lines were awful don’t know how crowded this holiday gets and had technical issues where it would ask me to sign in or send a passcode through e-mail over and over and by the time it stopped no slots left for some of the extra fee rides like ROTR. We were glad we had park hoppers because our first HS day could not get ROTR at all was able to get it the next day for an evening time after a day at AK. We got to the ride and it had broken down. Luckily came back up in an hour had heard it was the second time that day and it happened a lot that week.
When you say your couldn’t get ROTR at all was standby line not available? We may do genie plus for HS only. But we are a family of 6 so park tickets ,plus hoopers, plus genie ,just make the cost to high. Having 4 kids and trying to budget Disney is alreay hard. I am expecting to have to wait in longer lines. Trying to prepare already for that lol. Hoping to rope drop HS and if we can get to ROTR then hit it up at end of park day

Thanks so much for you experienced feedback. All the blogs I read say Memorial Day is the lesser of holidays but giving we have a choice to avoid that day I wanted feedback. Do you think AK on Sunday the day before Memorial? So Sat arrive, Sunday AK, Monday pool, Tuesday Hollywood or MK, Wednesday MK or Hollywood, Thursday pool Friday Epcot. Any other input on specific day after Memorial best park?

"Lesser" doesn't necessarily translate to fewer crowds though. Veterans Day is a good example, I went in 2019 for the weekend and AK was a madhouse on the holiday itself.

Honestly, there really aren't specific days I would recommend for parks unless you're staying in a deluxe with access to evening hours, there is so much pent up demand that predicting crowds is useless. Best practice is to assume it will be crowded regardless and plan accordingly.

When you say your couldn’t get ROTR at all was standby line not available? We may do genie plus for HS only. But we are a family of 6 so park tickets ,plus hoopers, plus genie ,just make the cost to high. Having 4 kids and trying to budget Disney is alreay hard. I am expecting to have to wait in longer lines. Trying to prepare already for that lol. Hoping to rope drop HS and if we can get to ROTR then hit it up at end of park day

The standby line was 3 hours or longer pretty much every day that week never seemed to go down so we preferred to pay to get on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter