• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Membership Activation Question

bravenyc

Mouseketeer
This might be a stupid question, but I bought a resale contract (first time buyer!) and I just got an email about activating my membership. The instructions mention creating a new Disney account or signing into an existing one. Do they mean a general Disney (MDE) account or is this referring to a DVC specific account? Thanks

This might be a stupid question, but I bought a resale contract (first time buyer!) and I just got an email about activating my membership. The instructions mention creating a new Disney account or signing into an existing one. Do they mean a general Disney (MDE) account or is this referring to a DVC specific account? Thanks
An account at https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com (I would do it from a computer or tablet instead of a phone the first time so easier to see the screens?) - and in my experience all Disney sites have the same sign in name and password so maybe I set mine up that way lol. You will get two emails, usually a couple hours apart, giving you what you need to set up your account after sign in. CONGRATS !! P.S. Don't panic if the "points" are not yet in the account, that usually takes a couple days ;)

An account at https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com (I would do it from a computer or tablet instead of a phone the first time so easier to see the screens?) - and in my experience all Disney sites have the same sign in name and password so maybe I set mine up that way lol. You will get two emails, usually a couple hours apart, giving you what you need to set up your account after sign in. CONGRATS !! P.S. Don't panic if the "points" are not yet in the account, that usually takes a couple days ;)
Thanks!

Your life will be easier if you use the same disney account for everything - DVC, D23, Disney+, MDE, whatever else you participate in.

I tried my regular WDW website login on the DVC login and it worked. I don't have our membership info yet (still waiting on closing), so it seems your regular website account login already cascades down overall for the individual zones/sites. YMMV

I used a different email for my contract then what i use in my Disney acct, so i wonder if it’ll matter when i go to set it up.

All I know is that it's near impossible to reach anyone in Member Admin to make changes. Membership Services is easy to reach, and very responsive by phone or chat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter