Members Only Cruise - pros and cons

Hmmm, intriguing. So I might be able to book for a nameless person at first? I'll have to look into that. Thanks.
I doubt they would allow you to list a second occupant without an actual name. More likely, they would book the stateroom as a single and charge you the single supplement.

I agree. they'll book you as a single. We too are on the fence. I keep weighing the pros and cons and just realized this member cruise extends over a long weekend which is a nice setup for us. I just can't seem to jump in with both feet right now and the clock's ticking.

I doubt they would allow you to list a second occupant without an actual name. More likely, they would book the stateroom as a single and charge you the single supplement.
Well, then they'll certainly charge me the $95 to add a second person if/when I choose to. Maybe I'll just book my family and work on persuading them. Of course, now we've made plans for Sunday, and booking this isn't exactly the kind of thing I can excuse myself for 10 minutes to do...

Does anyone have the phone number to call on Sunday to book this members cruise? Is there a local number to call, since I am in Orlando?
Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have the phone number to call on Sunday to book this members cruise? Is there a local number to call, since I am in Orlando?
Thanks in advance.
The local & toll free numbers should be on the back of your DVC Member Card.

407-566-3800

Yes, but if you put it on the Disney Chase Visa, you get the six months interest-free deal.
Hey, I hadn't even thought of that...thanks for the reminder! rstackjd, if all goes well this Sunday, we Minnesotans might see you there, along with my SIL and her hubby from the Green Bay/DePere area. DH and I did the 2013 MC and are looking forward to another one (although there are a few variables to be worked out first)!

By the way, I have come to find out there is no single supplement. For instance, if you book a Cat 6 A it is 301 points per person. If you only book one person in the stateroom you are going to pay 602 points, there is no supplemental points pricing. That goes the same for cash, it is $2,108 a person so a single will pay $4,216. Since you have to pay in full we thought the same thing, only book one person to save on immediate out-of-pocket costs. When I called DVC I was blown away that one person costs the same as two.

That is the way DCL prices their cruises. You pay for 2 adults as the minimum in the cabin.

By the way, I have come to find out there is no single supplement. For instance, if you book a Cat 6 A it is 301 points per person. If you only book one person in the stateroom you are going to pay 602 points, there is no supplemental points pricing. That goes the same for cash, it is $2,108 a person so a single will pay $4,216. Since you have to pay in full we thought the same thing, only book one person to save on immediate out-of-pocket costs. When I called DVC I was blown away that one person costs the same as two.
I wasn't considering it to save on immediate costs, since I'll use my Disney Chase Visa to get 6 months interest free. I wanted to delay naming who would be joining me, since a change to the names incurs a $95 fee.

My parents really want to go can I book then with out me? I can't swing it next September.... Does anyone know if this is possible

My parents really want to go can I book then with out me? I can't swing it next September.... Does anyone know if this is possible
I believe you can book them as long as you are DVC and are not using a resale contract purchased after 2011.

I got in right away, after about 5 rings. I'm shocked. CM told me I was his first caller :)

I did start a thread asking where you were in the call process. My cabin mate and I are both waiting, when one of us gets a person, the other will hang up.

I got through the busy signals at about 9:04 but have been on hold ever since. Listening to Disney tunes and holding my breath. How is everyone else doing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter