Member Site Frustration

PamOKW

<font color=green>The two most important items for
I realize DVC is still trying to figure out how best to use the Member Site but it sure seems like we are going backwards. The one thing that had been nice was to have the VM posted as or before the mailings went out. However, the last two issues that has not happened. It took about a month last time. I wonder how long this time?

It's also beginning to look like we won't see the 2002 point charts posted this week. I wonder when we will.

I realize it's probably impractical to have daily updates to the site but it would be nice to have already available information posted there.

I have also continued to have difficulty with the site all week. It may be related to using AOL as it seems to work better when I switch to a direct Explorer browser. However, AOL has always worked fine in the past.

Just venting some frustration at something that has the potential to be beneficial but doesn't seem like anyone is taking the time to use.

PamOKW,
I've also had trouble all week using AOL. I agree, Disney does everything else, why can't they establish a decent, interactive member site for us? Maybe we need a letter writing campaign..

I'm also having trouble logging in with WebTV - just can't get in at all.

But, back at work on IE, it works ok. Once in a while, I have to try 2 or 3 times, but I always get in.

Pam, in general, as much as I love WDW, Disney's web sites are AWFUL. They gloss over information, don't give you any detail, don't give you the info you want, and then make you hunt for it like you're Indiana Jones searching for the Lost Arc...

And web stuff *really* isn't that hard. It can be time consuming, but it's not hard.

I really wish that Disney would admit that they needed people to come in and improve their website. It is really awful, and the DVC site is just an extension of that.

By the way, I've been having trouble accessing the site all week as well, whether I've been at home or at work, on Netscape or on IE. Sometimes I've had to enter the username and password as many as six times before it would let me in. They must be getting hammered by people anxious to see the new point charts! :D

JonHM, I couldn't agree more the DVC membersite is lame :o :rolleyes: :o :rolleyes: . It gives you very little hard information. It takes too long for info to get posted. I think most of the info comes out on the boards, at least partially, before you get the official scoop from DVC. I doubt there is a lack of IT people working at Disney, after all they certainly now how to run a computerized billing network at the resorts and parks. :earseek: :earseek:

PamOKW, I am also checking the DVC site for the posting of the DC points. My thought is they would put it on the site late in the week as bad news might be better the day before the DVC office is closed. :confused:

Disney in general lacks good web sites, they just don't seem to want to put any effort into making attractive and informative sites to attract viewers. They seem to rely on web sites like this one to get the word out. I have noticed that even the WDW official web pages are lacking in information. We are going to OKW in Sept. and when I looked up the WDW site they had noting listed for events for Sept. Something had to be going on at that time???
:wave: :wave:

Hey I did the same thing with the events listed on the regular web site for our vacation in October. The site said no events for the time period. Can any one say 100th Celebration?????

Per another post --- The charts are up on the member site. Not sure about VM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter