Member Services number? Busy Signal?

I'm so thankful for threads like this, so I know it's not just me.

I'm getting both hang ups and busy signals at 1:33PM EST.

I'm so thankful for threads like this, so I know it's not just me.

I'm getting both hang ups and busy signals at 1:33PM EST.
I've been getting that since MS opened this morning. It keeps asking me if I want to take a survey when I'm done. OH YEAH I will take a survey...and give a piece of my mind...but then I get dropped before I actually get put on hold.

So here is an interesting piece. I had to call Disney to look at adjusting a ticket to add a day and the hopper option.

Called at 8:00 am and waited about 20
Minutes for a general line CM. She said that the ticketing department I needed already had an hour wait so she took my info to get a call back.

Little over an hour later, someone did. Had all my info and account pulled up.

So if WDW customer service has this ability I am not sure why we can’t get it for DVC MS.

And of course I emailed DVC to share my experience and how nice it was and how great it would be to see MS given this ability

At 4 hours and 8 minutes they just disconnected me. Never talked to anyone. This is not ok. Covid is no excuse. Our Member fees still pay for Member Services. DVC has been open since the beginning. They should halt all new direct sales until they can manage their existing members.

I mentioned this last week DISNEY CRUISE LINE is now booking for 2022. Members have to call to book with points. Booking a cruise is also much longer of a call. It's going to be r e a l l y busy for weeks . The system can only handle so many calls

So DVC should have anticipated that and beefed up their website to allow people to do what they need to do on there. Legal, less than 50 percent borrowing by resale owners should not be a problem. Heck, getting OTU points should not be a problem. Put in a credit card number and buy the # of OTU points you need. Set a limit on it to follow OTU rules. The computer can add it to your account based on member # and contract #. These types of exchanges and transactions happen online ALL THE TIME with different stores and monetary services like Venmo. I don't get why it is so complicated for DVC/Disney IT.

Then the excuse will be people are trying to book for summer; then Thanksgiving; then Christmas; then there was a new popular ticket offering; food and wine; flower festival. The list and excuses go on. They are fully understaffed and have been for a long time at the DVC member services call center.

Still on hold for Member Services. 3.5 hours now.
So time to understand that there IS no MS phoneline. It either functions, or it does not exist.
"All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.
Post immediately deleted, when hate mail arises."

So here is an interesting piece. I had to call Disney to look at adjusting a ticket to add a day and the hopper option.

Called at 8:00 am and waited about 20
Minutes for a general line CM. She said that the ticketing department I needed already had an hour wait so she took my info to get a call back.

Little over an hour later, someone did. Had all my info and account pulled up.

So if WDW customer service has this ability I am not sure why we can’t get it for DVC MS.

And of course I emailed DVC to share my experience and how nice it was and how great it would be to see MS given this ability

Ms. Chang will be scheduling a follow up with her "leadership" team so they can better understand your concerns and suggestions!

Ms. Chang will be scheduling a follow up with her "leadership" team so they can better understand your concerns and suggestions!

Lol. I was just surprised and now boggles my mind that DVC can’t find a way for this or at the very least, hasn’t figured out a better way for people to get the ticket deals that don’t require calls, or have IT fix people’s account for borrowing. If some can do it, it seems easy to figure out why.

Ridiculous. I'd sure like to know what DVC is doing with our dues money that is supposed to be paying for member services.

Between not traveling due to Covid-19, and most things we need to do related to DVC being available online, I have not called MS for a while. Yesterday, I called MS for the first time in 2021, and did not receive an estimated wait time. After 90 minutes, and still no indication on how much longer it would be, I hung up.
Definitely pathetic customer service. This is not the DVC we bought into 22 years ago.

Keep trying. I just got through about 5 minutes ago. On hold now. I’ll post my wait time when done.

ETA: Just ended...total time 40 minutes. Not bad considering others experiences. I will still follow up with email. I did the survey at the end but because that is CM specific, I did not rate low because it was not her fault I had to wait. IMO, 20 to 30 minutes should be the max and if wait is longer than that, we should have an option to be called back.

Last edited:
When I called MS a couple weeks ago (after being on hold @1.5 hrs) - she told me they’re still all WFH and with reduced staff...she said DVC would be calling more agents back to work ‘soon’...my guess is, after the April restore points due to Covid deadline...

Ridiculous. I'd sure like to know what DVC is doing with our dues money that is supposed to be paying for member services.
We've been members since '94. It's never been this difficult to get through to member services. There's no excuse for them having less cast members answering phones due to covid or whatever excuse they're coming up with today. Our dues have increased substantially the last two years. :(

Surveys won't help. Low ratings only hurt individual CMs and this is neither their fault nor do they have the power to change it.

Instead, email Member Satisfaction, the DVC executives or your sales guide, preferably all of them!

65 minutes to get through. As others have said, the CM was very nice and helpful - just the darn wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter