Mem.Maker/Photopass; can I use it in Disney Springs day before package starts?

ShyMiss

Mouseketeer
Hi. Hoping someone knows the answer to this photopass question. I bought a Disney world package (tickets, room, dining.) We are going to spend one day in Disney Springs before our Disneyworld package starts. Is there any way to use photopass there before I activate my ticket/resort package? I'd love to have those pictures included.

I haven't purchased photopass yet, I was just about to purchase it & link it to my account but I wondered if there was something special I could do to be able to utilize photopass in Disney Springs before my first day at the resort.

Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

Actually, what you purchased is Memory Maker (PhotoPass is the photo taking service and is free to use), but yes, you can use it before your package starts because it's not tied to your package.

Actually, what you purchased is Memory Maker (PhotoPass is the photo taking service and is free to use), but yes, you can use it before your package starts because it's not tied to your package.
Okay. Thank you!
As I was trying to research it, I realized that I might be using the wrong name. (I edited my title to include memory maker lol.) I read about "photopass" at various places & got a bit confused. We did use the service a couple of years ago but didn't attempt to take any pictures before our package started.

Pictures will always be put up on your account, whether or not you've purchased Memory Maker. The timing with MM is pictures over a 45 day period are available for download, once you access them I think you have 30 days to download them.

tagging on...because I guess I didn't realize there were photo opportunities at Disney Springs! how exciting. does anyone have a list of locations?

We did this last week. We went to Disney Springs and my son built his lightsaber. We then went to the Photo Pass Studio and had family photos and photos of him with his lightsaber. This was three days before our package started. The photos are awesome, especially the ones of him with his lightsaber.

We did this last week. We went to Disney Springs and my son built his lightsaber. We then went to the Photo Pass Studio and had family photos and photos of him with his lightsaber. This was three days before our package started. The photos are awesome, especially the ones of him with his lightsaber.

Great. Thank you. How do you use the service since the magic bands won't be activated until our package starts? Did you just ask a photo-pass photographer for a card & later somehow link it to your account?

Great. Thank you. How do you use the service since the magic bands won't be activated until our package starts? Did you just ask a photo-pass photographer for a card & later somehow link it to your account?

We used our magic bands. The memory maker is linked to it. The band doesn't have to have active passes on it.

Thanks for asking this, I had no idea you could use it before you use tickets at the parks! I thought it matched the number of park days in your package. This is great! We are also going to DS on our arrival day, I have heard they have photographers at the Christmas Tree Trail!

Jumping in here... What if you don't have a magic band? We are staying off property and only have hard tickets (the plastic ones with the chips). Last year, we just scanned the tickets at fastpass+ scanners instead of magic bands. Will this work the same with photographers and be tied to my MDE account?

Jumping in here... What if you don't have a magic band? We are staying off property and only have hard tickets (the plastic ones with the chips). Last year, we just scanned the tickets at fastpass+ scanners instead of magic bands. Will this work the same with photographers and be tied to my MDE account?
You'll have to ask for a plastic PhotoPass card from the Photopass Photog who takes your first photo.

Then you use that card # to access your PhotoPass file of photos and it will link to your MDE via your MDE login ID that you use for your PhotoPass login.

Are you pre-purchasing MM? A plastic MM card will be mailed to you prior to your trip.

Not pre-purchasing. We are only going for a short trip (1 park day, 1 MVMCP, 1 DS/resort touring day) and have not used park photographers in years. This is a last minute trip for me and my 18 year old twins so thought it might be fun to do some pics and then see if we like any and do a one day MM.

Once I get a photo pass plastic card, do I use it over and over again or do I have to get a new card each time?

Once I get a photo pass plastic card, do I use it over and over again or do I have to get a new card each time?
Hand that initial card to the Photopass photog and he'll scan it. Use that card to tap at ride photos.

I just wanted to point out there is 1 catch22 to this. Memory maker pre-trip price requires you to have purchased it 3 days before your first photo is taken to be included in the lower pre-trip price. very few people would run into this but worth mentioning. Post trip purchase price it doesn't matter when you take the photos, they just need to be in your account still. photos expire 45 days unless your an AP holder.

I actually have a similar situation that I am unsure of as well.

My family has a resort/free dining package with park hopper tickets that we will be using, but our check in date is not until 11/27. After entering a park on our first day we plan to upgrade our tickets to Annual Passes, and will thus receive the PhotoPass perks for the duration of our Disney stay.

However, we will be in the Orlando area staying off property from 11/23-11/26 and plan on visiting Disney Springs and some Disney resorts. Can we use those same Magic Bands that were mailed to us for the resort package before our check-in date for PhotoPass pictures and will they be included as pictures we can access even if we make the AP upgrade afterwards?

So glad to see this posting. Never knew we can use it the day before our package begins. Thanks so much!

I actually have a similar situation that I am unsure of as well.

My family has a resort/free dining package with park hopper tickets that we will be using, but our check in date is not until 11/27. After entering a park on our first day we plan to upgrade our tickets to Annual Passes, and will thus receive the PhotoPass perks for the duration of our Disney stay.

However, we will be in the Orlando area staying off property from 11/23-11/26 and plan on visiting Disney Springs and some Disney resorts. Can we use those same Magic Bands that were mailed to us for the resort package before our check-in date for PhotoPass pictures and will they be included as pictures we can access even if we make the AP upgrade afterwards?
Yes! :)

All Photos taken by a Photopass photographer link to MDE whether you have Memory Maker or not. Photopass stores all of your photos in your photo file that is linked to your MDE.

All "Memory Maker" does is allow you total access to every photo in your file.

So, whenever you see a Photopass CM, have them scan your MB and your photo is sent to your photo file.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter