• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Melting Pot- how does it work?

We love Melting Pot! Its a big date night out for us so only a couple times a year.

I really enjoy because it does take a while, usually at least 3 hours for us, and forces you to make conversation and just relax and be together. We always ask for a booth away from the families towards the back of the rooms.

One tip I haven't read is that you can ask for more goodies(not meat) if you have a favorite. I LOVE the marshmallows and my husband enjoys the rice krispy treats so we always have to ask for more. We usually ask for more veggies in our entree also so don't feel like we are just having meat for an entree.

We like the seasonal menu and usually spend minimum $100 when there. If you sign up on the website you can get good coupons for special days and their specials.

Not sure that we want to spend more than 2 or 2 1/2 hours on dinner so after reading everyones tips we should dump the meat in all at once? That sounds like a good idea!

Any other tips for first timers?

I'd recommend only dumping in the veggies, and still cooking the meat at the recommended times on the skewers. Not only will it ensure the meat is cooked properly, but it won't overcrowd the pot. Make good use of the slotted spoon they give you: don't try to chase the vegetables around in the broth with your skewer, lol. They will win, you will lose. :-)

The only other tip I have is that you can ask for your entree to go. Normally, after the cheese and the salad (and with the impending dessert), we're pretty stuffed. At that point, we ask for a to-go box. They'll give you one, but I'm pretty sure they make sure you've cooked everything (veggies and meat), as they're not really fans of giving customers raw food to go. I usually have quite the collection of meat and veggies, and end up making a stir fry the next night. You can also ask for your dessert to go, if you don't have room for all of it.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter