Melissa's Planning Journal - Feb 8th, 2008 - Final Update Before Leaving

yearbook50

Mouseketeer<br><font color=darkorchid>I gave all o
I'm having my wedding on Feb 8th, 2008

'Reception': Private Room @ Victoria's and Albert's @ 5:30pm.

Wedding Travel: February 5th - 9th at the Polynesian Garden View.
Honeymoon: 7 Nights at Wilderness Lodge (2/9 - 2/16)

Other details:
Officiant: Ron Rosenzwieg

Photography: Randy Chapman

Wedding Coordinator: Kathleen Reynolds

congrats on your planning...i love poly, but never stayed...eaten there:)

I took my first cruise last year & the best advice I can give is dont drink alcohol the first night so you can get used to the motion.....& really it usually isnt bad.
Get Boney or those sea band bracelets(walgreens) as a just in case item

Sounds great & keep us posted
:rotfl:

I promise to have more once I get done with my project presentation and essay for my IQP.

So much work going out the country for 2 months.

congrats on beginning your planning.. we are staying at the poly while we are there too... I can't wait!

We are only planning on have 8 guests

My mother + step father
My father + step mother or grandmother (I prefer my grandmother there but my father wants his wife that despises me there instead, so its still being decided)
Fiance's parents
Fiance's sister + girlfriend

I actually just talked about the contract with Fiance and when I told him that I wont have Kobe beef on the menu he flipped (not a bad scary flipped but more a whiny I want to try Kobe beef flip) So, I guess I get to call Chris back and have it added as an option so my fiance can finally try Kobe beef. (I've had it a few times before and I absolutely love it and I guess he's jealous...too bad he won't go to Disney in October with me and have some at the Party of the Senses)

I'm going out of the country to Africa for 2 months. So I haven't started looking for dresses yet until after I come back because I'm not quite sure what living in an underdeveloped country is going to do to my body. (hopefully shrink it a few sizes) In a side note, I'm kinda sad that I can't bring my engagement ring to there. I haven't taken it off in the past year we've been engaged but because of the whole blood diamond issues where I will be traveling too, my advisers won't let me bring it. I'm prolly going to buy a small gold band to wear over there. Also sad that my only communication will be email for two months. At least I'll have email access somewhat.

Congrats on the wedding. It sounds like the planning it going well. (Kobe Beef sounds wonderful!) Good luck with your trip to Africa. Hope all goes well.

Melissa
My DF and I were planning to get married on Feb. 9, 2008, but had to push it back due that we need more time saving for our wedding. Great planning journal

Good Luck in all your planning

I faxed in my signed contract for the Fireplace Room at V&A.

So after talking to my parents and my fiance, we've decided that there is no way Shaun and I aren't going to see each other before we get married. (yes, I know its 'bad luck' but we really aren't that superstitious. Since our ceremony is at 2pm...there really isn't much time to eat lunch that day. We're debating between having a group breakfast for all 10 of us at either Chef Mickey's or Ohana's. I'm leaning more towards Chef Mickey's because everyone has more of a selection of what they want to eat rather than the limited selection at Ohana's.

Shaun and I have figured out our wedding bands.
He was a celtic white gold band. I want a white gold or platnium band with the row of diamonds (not a lot just like 1/4 carat or such). We are going shopping Friday morning before I fly out to look at some. (also so that we can get me just a plain white gold band to wear in Africa since I can't bring my engagement ring)

Got my letter of agreement in my email today although I can't print it out and do anything with it until I get back into the states on the 10th.

Apparently, Escape Weddings get Annual Passes now according to the agreement :D

Congrats on the wedding planning...seems like its coming along! Where are you living right now MA or FL? Is everyone traveling a good distance or ?

Congrats on the wedding planning...seems like its coming along! Where are you living right now MA or FL? Is everyone traveling a good distance or ?

I mainly live in MA since that is where I go to college, but I go to St. Augustine a couple times a year to visit home. I graduate in December and will end up whereever I get a job, hopefully back south.

We have a guest list of 8.
My mother + her husband (traveling from St. Augustine, FL)
My father + his wife (traveling from Keystone Heights, FL)
Fiance's parents (traveling from Carver, MA)
Fiance's sister (traveling from Boston)
Fiance's grandmother (traveling from Arizona)

I'm thinking of adding some African elements to the wedding since I have for the most part enjoyed my time over here. I'm thinking of having our rehearsal dinner at Jiko's instead of Yachtman's.

On Friday, my fiance and I are going to go shopping for our wedding rings.

I'll be so happy to be home soon and get on the ball with wedding planning.

Oic where do you go to school? I graduate from Fitchburg State College in May and have many friends at Clark, WSC, and WPT. Sounds like it will be a great celebration with so many people traveling from diffrent locations.

Oic where do you go to school? I graduate from Fitchburg State College in May and have many friends at Clark, WSC, and WPT. Sounds like it will be a great celebration with so many people traveling from diffrent locations.

i go to Worcester Polytechnic Institute, majoring in Mechanical Engineering.

Very nice any plans of being a imagineer in the future? Great school by the way...I love the campus!

Btw I just noticed your title under your name lol, care to fill us in on the story...In my post/subscriptions there is a driving thread with some stories lol im sure yours would be entertaining to share:rotfl2: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter