Mega-Con? Mega People! Mom and Daughter travel again! 1/30-2/5, PTR info 4/26*

Saturday, Topolinos for breakfast at 9:10am or Homecomin Brunch at 11:15am. I’m not sure which one I will keep! My sister Helen doesn’t eat eggs so I’m not sure if we will even do either one.
We love Topolino's! They have a fruit and yogurt option for something lighter, but it's a lot to pay for the character experience if just ordering fruit an yogurt. We were able to get that as a side last time and it was tasty!
My daughter did something that made my heart sing 🎶 She took hold of my hand and said I love you 💕 This made me very happy! It just shows how much our trips and Walt Disney means to us! We have always been very close but Andi is a little stingy at times showing affection so this was awesome! If we had it my way, we would be hugging and holding hands the whole trip!
Aww this is so sweet! I hope to keep the same kind of relationship with my daughters as they get older 🥰

Our priorities this evening are GotG, SE, Moana, LwtL, and Epcot at night.
Those sound like some good solid priorities.....
The booths did not have hardly any vegetarian or chicken dishes, so not a priority for us.
Interesting....I'm finding (at least in California) that I'm not that interested in most of the stuff because it's either Beyond or Impossible. I'm all for vegetarian entrees, but not ones with "fake meat". I'd rather eat real stuff made from vegetarian ingredients, that something mimicking a meat dish.
Andi was excited to visit her favorite park and see all the changes. What a treat to tour with most all construction walls down.
I can't wait either! For so long Epcot was just a series of fences, I can't wait to see the changes! Less than 30 days now.
She took hold of my hand and said I love you 💕
Awww. How sweet! ❤️
I had made a Soarin FP for now. We headed to the land pavilion. Andi was excited to see Soarin over California. Call me nostalgic but I love this version. It is old? yes! and the technology isn’t the best but it is the one we love 💕
I really hope that for DCA F&W they bring back Soarin' over California, I haven't checked if they did.
I noticed on MDE that GotG was down! Noooo! This was not good. With our limited park days, two major attractions, which we paid for, down! Ugh 😑
Nooooooooooo!
It was now after 7pm and still no Guardians!
Ugh, doesn't sound good.
Andi liked the area but since she is water averse haha 😂 it wasn’t her favorite. For those who have been reading my reports for awhile, you may remember Andi hates getting wet! She won’t ride Frozen anymore because her butt got wet one time. Really Andi?? :confused3
I kind of agree with her. Not to the point that I would skip a ride due to a wet butt, then I'd never get to ride Pirates again! :laughing:
We even got a magic shot! I don’t know what it is but we never seem to get these anymore. Do you have to ask now??
I got one on Thursday and we didn't even have to ask!
Well, the ride was still down and it was after 8pm. The CM at one of the guest services umbrellas refunded my money. It was sad 😞 but in reality there wasn’t much hope the ride would be back up before park closing at 9pm.
At least it's good to know that you can get your money back when it doesn't work out.

Did you say you bought this ILL at 7AM?
We headed to the rideshare area and took a Lyft to DS. Omg 😱 our driver thought he was in the Indy 500. He took curves without slowing down, yikes 😳 We arrived quickly!
This is why I'm not keen on rideshares. You never know what kind of driver you're going to get. However, if you don't have a lot of choice on how to get where you're going, rideshare it is. But I would never do it alone.
We had a wonderful evening despite Guardians being down.

:goodvibes

and Epcot at night.
Love Epcot at night.

Oh, heck... I love all of the parks at night.
It is easy to use Genie+ at Epcot when Test Track, Frozen, and Remy are not a priority.
:laughing: Yes, I'd suppose so!
Another great reason to love FQ, like CSR, the resort is close to all the parks. It is a nice short bus ride everywhere.
And the boat ride to DTD is wonderful, too!
What a treat to tour with most all construction walls down.
I can't wait to see that...

Someday.
I was excited to show Andi the Walt Statue and the Celebration area!
Can't wait to see this too!
My daughter did something that made my heart sing 🎶 She took hold of my hand and said I love you 💕
Awwwww... :goodvibes
I had made a Soarin FP for now.
I remember when you were lucky to see it without waiting over an hour!
Andi was excited to see Soarin over California. Call me nostalgic but I love this version. It is old? yes! and the technology isn’t the best but it is the one we love 💕
It's better. No leaning tower of Eiffel.
I noticed on MDE that GotG was down! Noooo! This was not good.
Another one???? :faint:
The manatees were sleeping 😴
So... did you see them, sleeping? Or were they backstage and just told they were?
The park was busy but not crazy crowds. No Mega people here, yet!
Yuss!
Here is a blurry picture of Andi making the water climb!
:) She looks very happy.
IMG_2024-03-01-175544.jpg
Cute shot! :)
We headed to the rideshare area and took a Lyft to DS. Omg 😱 our driver thought he was in the Indy 500. He took curves without slowing down, yikes 😳 We arrived quickly!
:laughing: Well, this gives you more time to enjoy DTD!
We decided to check out the cookie bar at Summer House.
I've not heard of this? I don't think?
These are big cookies and $2.00 per cookie less than Gideons.
Are they as big??
Andi had the Dole Whip Frozcato.
Hello? This sounds good. It doesn't have rum in it, does it?

That was too bad that GotG was down - what rotten luck!

However, I’m glad everything else was easy to ride and your dinner looked delicious. :goodvibes

Also, I’m glad you had such a nice moment with Andi that day. I love getting “I love yous” from my daughter and my heart especially melts when she tells me I’m the best mommy in the world. :love: (I’m trying to bank those lovely moments for when she’s a teenager and thinks I’m an idiot. :rolleyes:)

I had heard good reviews for The Lemon cookie and chocolate chip. I bought a sea salt chocolate chip, lemon, and a fudge bomb for Andi. They were very good about allergies and the cookies are in a separate area. They don’t pull them out of the case in front of you. The peanut and nut cookies are not near the non nut 🥜 cookies.
I've heard that their cookies tend to be salty. Sea salt chocolate chip would naturally be salty, but how was the lemon cookie?
I was excited to show Andi the Walt Statue and the Celebration area! We walked around the area, taking it all in. My daughter did something that made my heart sing 🎶 She took hold of my hand and said I love you 💕 This made me very happy! It just shows how much our trips and Walt Disney means to us! We have always been very close but Andi is a little stingy at times showing affection so this was awesome! If we had it my way, we would be hugging and holding hands the whole trip! 😂
So sweet! :) Disney memories are the best. :)

Here is a picture of one of the cookies we purchased for comparison of size with Gideons. I would say the cookies are the same size but definitely not the same girth. Gideons are way bigger in the center, if that makes sense.
Summer House
IMG_2024-03-03-081326.jpg

Thank you Disney Food Blog

Gideons
IMG_2024-03-03-081237.jpg
Thank you Caroline for your picture, 😂
I also found a picture of the Mac and Cheese bites from WBG, my picture
IMG_2024-03-03-081134.jpg

I also wanted to add the corn on the WBG Burrata was different. I found a picture of the Burrata from before when we had it and no corn! I am going to be honest I love the Burrata itself and the tomatoes but for me personally not a fan of the corn addition!
No corn Burrata 5 stars!
IMG_2024-03-03-081831.jpg
My picture!
Have a wonderful Sunday!

It is easy to use Genie+ at Epcot when Test Track, Frozen, and Remy are not a priority.

We took the bus and had a very short wait and a rather empty one!

Another great reason to love FQ, like CSR, the resort is close to all the parks. It is a nice short bus ride everywhere.

Andi was excited to visit her favorite park and see all the changes. What a treat to tour with most all construction walls down.
What a difference with so many walls down. It really is looking good!
was excited to show Andi the Walt Statue and the Celebration area! We walked around the area, taking it all in. My daughter did something that made my heart sing 🎶 She took hold of my hand and said I love you 💕
Awwwwww! Love those sweet moments.
I had made a Soarin FP for now. We headed to the land pavilion. Andi was excited to see Soarin over California. Call me nostalgic but I love this version. It is old? yes! and the technology isn’t the best but it is the one we love 💕
Same!
I made a FP for Nemo next and we headed to the Seas. Our GotG time was fast approaching and such a bummer it was down. Our plan was to keep enjoying Epcot at night and hope the ride would come back up soon.
Love the Seas!
Andi liked the area but since she is water averse haha 😂 it wasn’t her favorite. For those who have been reading my reports for awhile, you may remember Andi hates getting wet! She won’t ride Frozen anymore because her butt got wet one time. Really Andi?? :confused3
Oh Andi!
We were both getting hungry and wondered if we should eat and hope GotG came back up, or should we ask for our money back again!
Such a drag that two rides were down in one day!
I had heard good reviews for The Lemon cookie and chocolate chip. I bought a sea salt chocolate chip, lemon, and a fudge bomb for Andi. They were very good about allergies and the cookies are in a separate area. They don’t pull them out of the case in front of you. The peanut and nut cookies are not near the non nut 🥜 cookies.

These are big cookies and $2.00 per cookie less than Gideons.

We went in a candle shop across the way and I bought the Clover World melts, smell is like walking into the BC and GF resorts. I also bought vanilla sandlewood scent.
I will definitely check out Summer Lake for those cookies!
We enjoyed everything and our drinks hit the spot. We finished before 10pm and went to the rideshare area and took a Lyft back to the resort.
Yay for a great meal at WBG!

Here is a picture of one of the cookies we purchased for comparison of size with Gideons. I would say the cookies are the same size but definitely not the same girth. Gideons are way bigger in the center, if that makes sense.
That makes sense. And thanks for the comparison pics!
I also found a picture of the Mac and Cheese bites from WBG, my picture
mmmm... that looks good.
No corn Burrata 5 stars!
:laughing:

I just wanted to quickly update some pre trip planning! I was able to make our Savor the Savannah tour reservation! It will be on Friday at 3:15pm. This was going to be our day for Narcossees now I’m not sure we will do that.
It seems like to much food for the late afternoon and evening.
I am thinking instead to hit Polynesian in the evening for my beloved Pork Nachos and a cool super expensive drink out on the Patio.
I also added Via Napoli for 7:30pm on Monday before the extra hours in Epcot.
I also did an ADR for Oga’s on Sunday at park closing and again on Thursday at park closing after Fantasmic. Our Fantasmic dining stated early show but right now on the hours schedule I only see a show at 9pm so if that is the case, we wouldn’t be able to do the Oga’s that night.
I think that is it for now!
Thanks for reading along!

I am loving your report! I fully agree with the anger on APs needing to make park reservations if staying onsite. It really put a sour taste in my mouth that I could not go into Epcot for early entry on my January solo trip while staying at Boardwalk. I would have only stayed for an hour or so and could not as there were no more park reservations for Epcot that day.

Super bummer about both Rise & Guardians being down for you. I guess the beauty is that you will definitely be back to ride it in the future, but I do feel bad for those guests who this is a once in a lifetime trip not being able to ride them.

We love Topolino's! They have a fruit and yogurt option for something lighter, but it's a lot to pay for the character experience if just ordering fruit a yogurt. We were able to get that as a side last time and it was tasty!
I think the waffle dish would work for my sister who doesn’t like egg dishes. The cost is high for the food but it is really good and I love the characters. I just don’t know if we should do a later lunch at Homecomin or do the breakfast I have both right now
Aww this is so sweet! I hope to keep the same kind of relationship with my daughters as they get older 🥰
I know! I was very happy with this! It made my heart smile
Interesting....I'm finding (at least in California) that I'm not that interested in most of the stuff because it's either Beyond or Impossible. I'm all for vegetarian entrees, but not ones with "fake meat". I'd rather eat real stuff made from vegetarian ingredients, that something mimicking a meat dish.
Andi does eat chicken, however, not many chicken dishes either. I’m not a big fan of the impossible meats either.
can't wait either! For so long Epcot was just a series of fences, I can't wait to see the changes! Less than 30 days now.
It looks way better now, all those walls for so long, ugh!
Awww. How sweet!
It really was
really hope that for DCA F&W they bring back Soarin' over California, I haven't checked if they did.
I was really happy I could ride it several times. It is back to the Soarin over the World now
Ugh, doesn't sound good.
It wasn’t and the ride remained down up to 9pm so I’m not sure if they refunded everyone or only those that asked.
I kind of agree with her. Not to the point that I would skip a ride due to a wet butt, then I'd never get to ride Pirates again!
She loves pirates but knows how to avoid getting wet for the most part. She likes Splash but also knows how to avoid getting wet on that one, lol 😆
got one on Thursday and we didn't even have to ask!
I never ask but I wonder if I should now, there are a lot of new magic shots out there.
At least it's good to know that you can get your money back when it doesn't work out.

Did you say you bought this ILL at 7AM?
We did buy the ILL right around 7am
This is why I'm not keen on rideshares. You never know what kind of driver you're going to get. However, if you don't have a lot of choice on how to get where you're going, rideshare it is. But I would never do it alone.
I would say 95% of the time we have great drivers and I really like the ride share option!

Love Epcot at night.

Oh, heck... I love all of the parks at night.
I agree, nighttime brings on a whole new way to enjoy the parks! Epcot with the new lights on the ground and SE all lit up is so cool now!
And the boat ride to DTD is wonderful, too!
Yes, I love having the boat ride, it is very relaxing!
I can't wait to see that...

Someday.
You will love it! Walls down is amazing!
Can't wait to see this too
The Walt statue and the whole area is lovely
I remember when you were lucky to see it without waiting over an hour!
Yes, remember the mad dash for the paper FP for Soarin that was a hot ticket item!
It's better. No leaning tower of Eiffel.
I hate that so much!
Another one????
Yes such a bummer to miss both of our fancy rides!
So... did you see them, sleeping? Or were they backstage and just told they were?
They were gone to the other area where they sleep so no manatees for us, boo 😒
Cute shot!
Thank you!
Well, this gives you more time to enjoy DTD!
Haha record time, he must have been trying to get all the business he could by making each ride super quick!
I've not heard of this? I don't think?
It is a new restaurant which opened a few months ago. The menu is really nice! Check it out!
Are they as big??
I know you saw the comparison post down below. I think Gideons edges out the Summer House cookies by just a nudge. The convenience of picking up cookies without a huge wait is a big plus!
Hello? This sounds good. It doesn't have rum in it, does it?
No rum!! Moscato, vodka, and Dole Whip

That was too bad that GotG was down - what rotten luck!
It really was a bummer since both Fancy rides were a bust, very grateful to get my money back!
However, I’m glad everything else was easy to ride and your dinner looked delicious.
It was a nice laid back evening overall and we enjoyed some favorites and a few new things!
Also, I’m glad you had such a nice moment with Andi that day. I love getting “I love yous” from my daughter and my heart especially melts when she tells me I’m the best mommy in the world. :love: (I’m trying to bank those lovely moments for when she’s a teenager and thinks I’m an idiot. :rolleyes:)
Soak it in now, the time literally flies! Andi loved holding my hand and snuggling for many years I miss that now that the kids are grown!
I've heard that their cookies tend to be salty. Sea salt chocolate chip would naturally be salty, but how was the lemon cookie?
I didn’t think the cookies were overly salty. I loved the lemon one but I love all things lemon. The Sea salt chocolate chip was just perfect in my opinion. I’m not a huge fan of sea salt on sweet things unless it is very subtle
So sweet! :) Disney memories are the best.
It was, I loved it! I joke with her and tell her she has to hold my hand in Adventure land, she just laughs lol 😆

What a difference with so many walls down. It really is looking good!
It really does, this park went from a chore to such a wonderful park again!
Awwwwww! Love those sweet moments.
As you know, the kids being older it is harder to get these special moments
Love the Seas!
We do to, it has been busy in there the last few times. I love meandering around especially when it isn’t really crowded
I know, get over it! lol 😝
Such a drag that two rides were down in one day!
It really was especially on the trip we had such a short time at Disney
I will definitely check out Summer Lake for those cookies!
Yes, the cookie choices are bigger than Gideons and no wait, yay!
Yay for a great meal at WBG!
I love this place! We always enjoy ourselves here. We saw George as we were leaving!
That makes sense. And thanks for the comparison pics!
Who doesn’t love cookie pictures haha 😆

This sounds like the way to go! The nachos are delicious. :)
I think so! I wasn’t able to get the tour on any other day. We can still watch the fireworks at The Poly so win win!
We were just discussing those nachos this morning, trying to figure out how to add them into our April trip...
These are delicious and I think we could share the nachos and get a dessert!

I am loving your report! I fully agree with the anger on APs needing to make park reservations if staying onsite. It really put a sour taste in my mouth that I could not go into Epcot for early entry on my January solo trip while staying at Boardwalk. I would have only stayed for an hour or so and could not as there were no more park reservations for Epcot that day.
Thank you! I cant believe Disney hasn’t fixed this yet! What a pain especially when staying at one of the Epcot resorts! I would love to pop in Epcot for the early morning time and a croissant 🥐 I am tempted to change my reservations to Epcot everyday but why do we have to worry about that! Ugh 😣
Super bummer about both Rise & Guardians being down for you. I guess the beauty is that you will definitely be back to ride it in the future, but I do feel bad for those guests who this is a once in a lifetime trip not being able to ride them.
It was a bummer especially since we only had two park days. I’m glad we have rode Rise many times and GotG a few times and yes, I will be there in April and September!

Epcot with the new lights on the ground and SE all lit up is so cool now!
Must go...
You will love it! Walls down is amazing!
I can't even imagine... it's been so long.
Yes, remember the mad dash for the paper FP for Soarin that was a hot ticket item!
::yes::
It is a new restaurant which opened a few months ago. The menu is really nice! Check it out!
I did! The potato salad deviled eggs sounds amazing! And Cobb salad? Hello!
No rum!! Moscato, vodka, and Dole Whip
I'm in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter