Meg & Co. Take Over WDW! UD 7/25: We Leave TOMORROW!

Jumpin' on the bandwagon! You're a great writer. Looking foward to your PTR!

Hey :wave:
I'm so jealous that you get to stay at AKL! I've always wanted to stay there
I'll be just missing you, we're going July 6th-13th

I'm definatly subbin'!

Hey!

Aw. I'll be sure to post plenty of pics of AKL!

Woo! I'm so excited. My National Honor Society interview is Tuesday (3/23) after school...eek!

Jumpin' on the bandwagon! You're a great writer. Looking foward to your PTR!

Thank you! And :welcome:!

Congratulations on the Spanish Honor Society! Great job! Muy Bueno! :cheer2:

Kathy
Gracias! :hug:

Surprisingly, my Spanish Honor Society interview was much easier (and shorter) than my National Honor Society interview.

As for NHS, haven't heard weather I'm in or not yet, but I'm hoping for the best.

My birthday is July 31 (day after yours lol). except your like 3 or 4 years older than me lol. I LOVVEEDD your PTR!!! I have to post mine soon. :) I looovve broadways too :)

Shh...:ssst:

My birthday is July 31 (day after yours lol). except your like 3 or 4 years older than me lol. I LOVVEEDD your PTR!!! I have to post mine soon. :) I looovve broadways too :)

Cool :)

And I made NHS! Woohoo! :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :banana:

I am so THRILLED. This will look awesome on my college apps next year! I'm missing a night of dance for the induction night (April 14), but it's more than worth it.

And I made NHS! Woohoo! :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :banana:

I am so THRILLED. This will look awesome on my college apps next year! I'm missing a night of dance for the induction night (April 14), but it's more than worth it.
Congrats!! That's great! Colleges will be very impressed! :cheer2::cheer2:

Hey Meg. I'm joing in on your trip report. I'm also going to WDW at the end of July so it's fun to read about other people's planning. I can't wait for the trip to get here!!

Also, CONGRATS on making NHS. I was in NHS in high school and it does look very good on college applications. :banana:

Congrats!! That's great! Colleges will be very impressed! :cheer2::cheer2:

Thank you! :goodvibes

Hey Meg. I'm joing in on your trip report. I'm also going to WDW at the end of July so it's fun to read about other people's planning. I can't wait for the trip to get here!!

Also, CONGRATS on making NHS. I was in NHS in high school and it does look very good on college applications. :banana:

Cool! Maybe I'll see you there!

And thanks so much! I'm looking at Connecticut College, currently. It's only an hour and 15 minutes (give or take) away from home, and it has what I'm looking for. I'm thinking of majoring in History, with perhaps minors in Language (Spanish) and Anthropology. NHS and SNHS will definately help!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Cool! Maybe I'll see you there!

And thanks so much! I'm looking at Connecticut College, currently. It's only an hour and 15 minutes (give or take) away from home, and it has what I'm looking for. I'm thinking of majoring in History, with perhaps minors in Language (Spanish) and Anthropology. NHS and SNHS will definately help!

Congrats on NHS! Connecticut was my second choice college, it'a very nice school. I ended up going to Smith (my first choice), though. :)

Cool. I considered majoring in History (and becoming a HS History Teacher), but went with Journalism instead. I just love to write so much and have always wanted to be a "big time" journalist. Gotta follow your dreams, ya know? ;)

Congrats on NHS! Connecticut was my second choice college, it'a very nice school. I ended up going to Smith (my first choice), though. :)

Thanks! I'm going to take a tour of CC during my spring break in a few weeks :)

Cool. I considered majoring in History (and becoming a HS History Teacher), but went with Journalism instead. I just love to write so much and have always wanted to be a "big time" journalist. Gotta follow your dreams, ya know? ;)

I love to write as well, but with the popularity of the Internet, newspapers just aren't popular anymore. It's a shame. I'd cover Theater Beat in a nanosecond!

Fantastic news, Meg... congratulations!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Kathy

Thanks! :hug:

OP updated!

As KathyRN :-)hug:) would say, "I've updated our OP (Operational Plan)!"

We've also purchased the Quick-Service Dining Plan!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Wake up at 4:00 A.M. Or something like that :rolleyes: . Luckily, I'm a total morning person. Especially when it involves a vacation! Get to the airport probably a little after 4:30. It takes literally 5 minutes to get from my house to the airport, which is a blessing. Contrary to the title Providence Airport (also known, to Rhode Islanders, as T.F. Green), the location of this airport is in WARWICK. Silly, silly. Hopefully, we'll get through security without too much difficulty. It's usually not too crowded, especially not on Mondays (Saturdays are the busiest days). The only issue might be that my spinal rod may set off the metal detectors, but I'll have a note from my doctor, so all should be fine. We depart from PVD at 6:00, and arrive in MCO at 8:50. :dance3:

We'll take DME to AKL, hopefully arriving at AKL around 10:00. We'll leave our bags at AKL, and hop a bus to AK. We'll do assorted rides, being sure to hit up our favorites (EE, FOTLK, Finding Nemo: The Musical, Kilamanjaro Safaris, and Dinosaur). We'll break for lunch whenever, and plan on eating at Restrauntasaurous. We'll head back to AKL when we've done all that we want to do, check into our room, and grab dinner from The Mara. Bed early; we have KKT tomorrow morning!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Probably getting up at 6:00 today! Getting ready, and then going to MK via the Disney Bus at 7:00. Today is EMH in the MK, so we'll go in and get breakfast at the Main Street Bakery. Mmm! Our Keys to the Kingom Tour starts at 9:00. Lunch is at Columbia Harbour House (a stroke of luck, because this is one of our favorite CS restaurants at WDW). The tour should end somewhere around 1:00. We'll head over to DTD, where we shall shop. World of Disney store, here I come! Dinner is planned to be at Wolfgang Puck Express, although Dad may check out Earl of Sandwich. Our last stop at DTD will be Goofy's Candy Co., so that we'll be able to throw our goodies into the minifridge back at AKL. Back to AKL for the rest of the night.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

We'll be busing to the Studios today! We plan to grab breakfast at The Mara, I believe, today. Mmm, Mickey Waffles! :goodvibes

At Rope Drop, we'll be running to TSM. From there, we'll tour as we please, being sure to hit up our favorites here (MuppetVision 3D, ToT, Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage, Great Movie Ride). We also plan on going on the Backlot Tour (which we haven't done in many years) and checking out the new American Idols LIVE! attraction. Lunch will be at Toy Story Pizza Planet, and dinner at Sci/Fi Dine-In. Mom is excited for this one! We also plan on taking in Fantasmic!, which is my personal favorite show at WDW. EMH are here tonight, so we may be spending time in the park late.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Heading out to EPCOT today! Again, we'll get there for Rope Drop, and probably get FastPasses for Soarin'. Breakfast will be at Sunshine Seasons. We'll catch our favorites in Future World (Figment, HISTA, Test Track, The Seas with Nemo and Friends), and possibly and Living With The Land, Spaceship Earth. Eventually, we'll make our way into World Showcase. We almost always start in Canada and make our way to Mexico. Lunch will be a snack at the Passterie (I butcher French horribly, pardon me! I speak el Espanol!). We plan on spending more time looking around the countries this trip, because, hopefully, there won't be any hurricanes! :rotfl: (read my August '08 TR to hear that story!) Dinner will be at Rose and Crown Pub (the Pub, not the TS restaurant). Illuminations, and then maybe some EMH here.

Friday, July 30, 2010

What's that? I turn 17 today? :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Wake up whenever, and grab breakfast at The Mara. Lounge around the pool, and grab lunch at The Mara. Shower, get ready, and then head out to the GF! Dinner was my choice, and I picked 1900 Park Faire. We'll then monorail to MK, and do our favorites there (EMH that night is til 2:00 A.M.!) Our favorites here at Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, BTMRR, HM, BLSRS, and Mickey's Philharmagic. Bus back to AKL whenever we get tired!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sleep in a bit. Grab breakfast at The Mara. Get our bags downstairs for DME. DME will pick us up around 11:30 A.M. We'll probably grab lunch from McDonalds at MCO before our 2:00 flight. We arrive in PVD at 5:20. We'll pick up the dog from our family friend who usually takes care of him. The cats will be under the alternate care of my grandmother and my mom's co-worker who lives nearby (and loves cats).

And there's the (as of now!) OP :)

Again, my Honor Society Night is this WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14! I'm forfitting a night of dance for this, but it's more than worth it. I'll be posting pictures from that this Friday, the 16. See you then!

Love, Meg

Meg, your plan looks great!!!! I've never eaten at the Mara. I'm assuming it's good though!!

So excited for you to eat at 1900 Park Faire! It's perfect MK is open so late!

Can't wait to keep reading!

Your OP looks fabulous! :thumbsup2

You're burning the candle at both ends in the beginning... so I was glad to see some resort/relaxation time on your birthday!

I can't wait to see the stepsisters' reaction to your birthday button!! :laughing:
You'll have to tell them that you are a princess...

G'Nite!

Kathy

Meg, your plan looks great!!!! I've never eaten at the Mara. I'm assuming it's good though!!

So excited for you to eat at 1900 Park Faire! It's perfect MK is open so late!

Can't wait to keep reading!

The menu for The Mara looks yummy, so I'm sure we'll enjoy it! We haven't been to 1900 Park Faire since I was 6 years old, and we loved it, so it'll be nice to be going again. Thanks for jumping aboard!

Your OP looks fabulous! :thumbsup2

You're burning the candle at both ends in the beginning... so I was glad to see some resort/relaxation time on your birthday!

I can't wait to see the stepsisters' reaction to your birthday button!! :laughing:
You'll have to tell them that you are a princess...

G'Nite!

Kathy

Thank you!

Oh, but I always have to be doing *something*...I can never really be sitting there doing nothing, because it'll drive me insane. I can never really "relax" on vacation. I'm sooo Type A :p

I'll tell the Stepsisters that I'm Cinderella's BFF ;)

Great OP!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter