Meeting up with people in the parks?!

WillowinWonderland

Earning My Ears
Hi guys- I’m very new here and heading to Disney World Orlando in a few months. My family have made it very clear they probably only want to do half a days worth of stuff per day- crazy talk to me(!) meaning I will be all alone most afternoons :(
Are there any groups where adults can meet up to have fun in the park with other solo adults?! I want to maximise my days and would love to have other people to meet/ hang out with!

Hi guys- I’m very new here and heading to Disney World Orlando in a few months. My family have made it very clear they probably only want to do half a days worth of stuff per day- crazy talk to me(!) meaning I will be all alone most afternoons :(
Are there any groups where adults can meet up to have fun in the park with other solo adults?! I want to maximise my days and would love to have other people to meet/ hang out with!

Man, some of my firends and family are like that too. They want to head back to the room, or even not show up for rope drop! 😮 If I'm not in-park open to close I'm not doing it right!

Good luck in finding some park buddies. The DIS has some great folk who may want to meet up. Check the threads in this forum.

Also, :welcome: to the DIS!

Man, some of my firends and family are like that too. They want to head back to the room, or even not show up for rope drop! 😮 If I'm not in-park open to close I'm not doing it right!

Good luck in finding some park buddies. The DIS has some great folk who may want to meet up. Check the threads in this forum.

Also, :welcome: to the DIS!

I was like that for the first 25 years and then I woke up one day and I was old. lol My body said, "Nope, you will do what you need to do in 4 hours or less or I will cripple you!" and it has held tight to it's word. :rolleyes: :crutches: I literally limp out of the parks at 50 years old now. I mean, it ALWAYS hurt, but dang!

Honestly, I don't think this will be easy to join up for part of a day at the parks especially with the Covid scare. Even if you can arrange some meetings people will change their minds last minute for whatever reason.

You can be friendly in ride lines and talk to strangers. You might do a sit down meal and talk with those at another table. There may be another single that would join you at your table for eats.

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer. Maybe, convince one in your group to stay a little longer with you. Maybe take turns each day with someone else in your own group; so, one person at least will be with you each day.

Last edited:

I would love your scenario! Family sometime, alone sometimes! Perfect. I would just suggest embracing some time alone in the parks. You will be able to do what you want and not have to go with the family flow for a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter