• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Meeting the dress code?

PrincessNelly

DIS Veteran
My friend is coming to Disney with me for the first time in December. She just sent me a screenshot of a shirt she bought. She is a big Tink fan and has a large Tink tattoo on her arm. So it was perfect for her! (See image below)

But then I wondered if she could even wear this into the parks?

The dress code covers dressing like characters and clothing that is graphic/obscene. But this isnt really either... anyone know?

Attachments

• 20160704_210222.png
    20160704_210222.png
    313 KB · Views: 510
Shirt will not be a problem. The biggest problem is it will probably be too cold in December to only wear a tank! Maybe an open button down over it?
I've heard December is hit or miss with temps so we will definitely have light sweaters or jackets! Thanks!

Tank should be fine. They are really looking for curse words, or things that can be read as curse words FCUK comes to mind as the big brand that keeps getting told to be turned inside out. They also don't want anything that can be offensive. Usually is things that are anti a religion or culture or may be super politically charged like the shirts with the guns that say come and take it. I did see security tell a gentleman that he would need to turn his shirt inside out for that.

That's an awesome shirt... Reminds me of Tim Shumate's work he does all the princesses as tattooed pin-ups they're great. I actually have one of his drawings as a phone case

I don't see that shirt as being a problem, I think she will be ok with it, but as others have suggested, might want something to wear over it just in case it is cool.

My mum wore a similar tattooed-Snow White tank and nobody batted an eyelid. She'll be fine!

eamrzt.jpg

My mum wore a similar tattooed-Snow White tank and nobody batted an eyelid. She'll be fine!

eamrzt.jpg

You guys look awesome! How cool does your mum look!

OP I think that your friend's tank is adorable!! Last June I wore a Wildfox tank with a "beach checklist" and it had things like "sunscreen, books, umbrella, tequila" and only when I got to the park did I get nervous that it said tequila. I asked a CM and he said I was "absolutely fine but thank you for being concerned!" and that they look for "more serious stuff like curse words" in regards to the dress code. Since it's a tank, maybe your friend could try a Uniqlo heat tech long sleeve shirt under it as a layer, just in case? They're super super thin shirts but keep you super warm! Definitely pack for both temps though - we went December 2015 and it was in the 90s in the day! Chilly at night though.

My friend is coming to Disney with me for the first time in December. She just sent me a screenshot of a shirt she bought. She is a big Tink fan and has a large Tink tattoo on her arm. So it was perfect for her! (See image below)

But then I wondered if she could even wear this into the parks?

The dress code covers dressing like characters and clothing that is graphic/obscene. But this isnt really either... anyone know?
Half the visitors at WDW have clothing with characters on them. It's not against Disney policy to make the characters look grungy.

Unfortunately.8-)

Not trying to hijack the thread, but is there an actual dress code for the parks?

On a recent trip there was a kid that had a shirt showing Mickey holding up two middle fingers. I asked a CM if that was allowed and she responded that it didn't have any foul language so they can't do anything about it.

This didn't ruin my day or anything, but I thought it was bit strange that he wasn't stopped at the front gate and asked to change or at least purchase another shirt.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but is there an actual dress code for the parks?

On a recent trip there was a kid that had a shirt showing Mickey holding up two middle fingers. I asked a CM if that was allowed and she responded that it didn't have any foul language so they can't do anything about it.

This didn't ruin my day or anything, but I thought it was bit strange that he wasn't stopped at the front gate and asked to change or at least purchase another shirt.
Yes there is a dress code, no actual foul words spelled out, no bathing suits on adults, no character costumes on adults unless MNSSHP days/nights, no see through with nothing under you... I might be missing something. ..obviously shirts and shoes required.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/recommended-dress/

I saw two girls wearing that same shirt at Tokyo DL in April (groups of girls there love to dress alike). I kinda wondered about that considering TDR is generally more strict with what is deemed inappropriate. I thought maybe that gesture didn't have the same meaning there, or at least wasn't deemed as offensive like it is here. I am surprised they would let that go in the US parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter