Meeting place at Hollywood Studios help

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
We are meeting friends for the day at Hollywood Studios and would like to meet them either outside the gates or right inside the gates but it's been a while since we've been and I'm having trouble coming up with a "place" to meet. I need some sort of landmark or location to give our friends. Any idea?

The Crossroads of the World gift kiosk, with the tall pillar and Mickey on top, is right in the middle of everything just inside the gates. Can't miss it. Or off to the right is Oscar's Super Service for stroller and ECV rentals, etc. with the rest rooms just a few feet farther. Either one should be a good landmark for them.

The Crossroads of the World gift kiosk, with the tall pillar and Mickey on top, is right in the middle of everything just inside the gates. Can't miss it. Or off to the right is Oscar's Super Service for stroller and ECV rentals, etc. with the rest rooms just a few feet farther. Either one should be a good landmark for them.
I was thinking somewhere off to the side that wouldn't be super crowded might be best. Thanks for these ideas!
Any ideas for outside the park? Like right before you go through the entry area? What's there?

It's a little further inside, but I always meet my kids at the table behind/to the side of the Starbucks, as you head toward Rockin Roller Coast. It's out of the way and a great people watching spot :)

I was thinking somewhere off to the side that wouldn't be super crowded might be best. Thanks for these ideas!
Any ideas for outside the park? Like right before you go through the entry area? What's there?
There's an area on the waterway, outside the security screening - it would be to the right of security when coming from the parking lot, bus stops or Skyliner, and on the left of the path to security when coming from the Friendship Boat dock.

I think that meeting outside security or inside the park would be easier than meeting in the area between security and park entry - that area might be too congested to see each other!

You might find it helpful to look at the map of DHS in MDE. The spot I described above is the brown circle on that map.

Edited to add link to Disney's map of DHS on DISboards: https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/disney-hollywood-studios-map.htm. The area outside security is at the bottom of that map. You could send your friends that link so they could see the map as well, to reduce confusion.

There are a plethora of tables just outside the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge... Very easy to find.

Outside the entrance, you could meet at the Skyliner exit which is just before security.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter