Meeting olaf

According to the website, it says he's at Echo Lake. The MDE app will even drop the pin right on his meeting place.

Olaf is between Star Tours and Hyperion Theater, his wait is usually less than 20 min, on average days

Yay. I just watched Frozen for the first time (yes I'm lame) this weekend, and I don't know what I expected Olaf to be like, but let's just say I've NEVER laughed so hard at a Disney character.... EVER.

Especially because when I looked up who did the voice, I realized it was Josh Gad who I saw in Book Of Mormon on Broadway... and found out as well that Robert Lopez wrote Let It Go AND the songs (very off colour) from BoM as well - hahah.

Anyway that was a tangent, but I hope to get a pic with my new 'lil hero on my trip next month. Does the MDE app show you 'live' data where characters appear when you're actually in the parks? Or are you speaking of pre-determined character meetings?

We've met him a couple times in the afternoon and it's been 15ish minutes. But that's in May so it could be longer during busier times. One thing to watch out for is not to go right after the Frozen Sing Along let's out. A lot of people will get in line then.

The line looks really long. But it moves fast. He’s tall. Like as tall as my husband. But he’s fun. Does not sign autographs.

We were there during a busy spring break week and went in the early evening (5-6 pm?) and it was just 10 minutes. The line did seem longer p, but then boom, suddenly we were in! It was fun.

In September it was posted with a 10 minute wait but it was closer to 20. BUT once we got inside, Olaf was very interactive and took lots of pics, so well forth the wait.

He was one of my favorites to meet last March. He was obsessed with my wedding ring and kept looking at Dh like he was going to steal me from him lol. There's a great picture of him holding my hand and me laughing really loud.

We’ve met him a few times. Once was at night in Oct with no wait. Most times it’s about 10-15 (June & Oct). Longest was when it started pouring and everyone ran in line to get covered and that was maybe 20 (June).

Does the MDE app show you 'live' data where characters appear when you're actually in the parks? Or are you speaking of pre-determined character meetings?

MDE shows you where characters are and what time you can meet them. I took a screenshot of MK so you would have an idea. The Mickey heads represent character locations. Then I clicked on show list and used Alice to show when her times ares. She's in EPCOT only now though. Hope I've helped.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190322-111841[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20190322-111841[1].jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20190322-111908[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20190322-111908[1].jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20190322-111912[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20190322-111912[1].jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 8
MDE shows you where characters are and what time you can meet them. I took a screenshot of MK so you would have an idea. The Mickey heads represent character locations. Then I clicked on show list and used Alice to show when her times ares. She's in EPCOT only now though. Hope I've helped.

Ah thank you!!! That is very cool, I figured there was more to it than the predetermined locations. I’ll definitely plan on Olaf at HS but it’s cool to see that you can find more “random” places to meet characters based on the app. Thanks so much - that helps a lot!

And thanks everyone else for all the wait times and tips and stories!

So maybe this is a stupid question but in looking at the screenshots shared of the MDE app - thank you SO much btw Tiggerlover91! - I can see there are 20 minute time slots scheduled. And I remember that the characters can only be seeing people for 20 minutes before they are required to take a break.

So if you are line for 20 minutes how does that work?

You wait and hope you get through the line before the character disappears? And if it takes too long for the line to move you are just out of luck? Just do NOT want to set myself up for an upset kid!!! Any advice is much appreciated! :)

So maybe this is a stupid question but in looking at the screenshots shared of the MDE app - thank you SO much btw Tiggerlover91! - I can see there are 20 minute time slots scheduled. And I remember that the characters can only be seeing people for 20 minutes before they are required to take a break.

You wait and hope you get through the line before the character disappears? And if it takes too long for the line to move you are just out of luck? Just do NOT want to set myself up for an upset kid!!! Any advice is much appreciated! :)

the characters take their break, and then return for more meet & Greets. It's up to guests whether they want to stay in line for when the character returns, or leave the line. We've gotten in line for other characters right when they went on break, they returned within 10-15 minutes to resume meeting guests.

You are most welcome!

I know your question was answered, but if I may. One year, my husband, son, and I had JUST arrived in line when Minnie had to "take her break". The CMs told us to hang tight while she grabs some cheese and says hello to Mickey! I believe in less than 15 minutes she was back...looking as awesome as ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter