Meeting Mickey and Minnie at RD?

snikki

DIS Veteran
Our first day in the parks will be MK at RD. Right now it's a 9 am opening with EE at 8:30 am. We have another 1.5 days at MK so we won't be rushing. It's just myself and DD16.

Our plan this day is to RD, midday break, back for rides and fireworks. We will have G+ (length of stay) and plan to try and get early morning times to start and roll them and then stack for the evening. I initially had us RDing Space but now I'm thinking it would be fun to start with a visit with Mickey and Minnie together.

My questions are does this meet line get long first thing in the morning? Is it a good use of our RD time? Should I G+ for it later that day?

The line builds before park open. I pulled G+ right at 7 am on our late August trip, and got a 9:40 G+ time. Posted wait was 40-60 minutes; no idea what real wait was, but there were visible lines.
If you will be arriving for early entry, I would recommend snagging something else for 9:00 to avoid backtracking. Keep an eye on return times and aim for G+ at a time that might work for your exit from park or evening return. (Backtracking might not be so bad if it is not 100 degrees, but the miles added up in the heat.)

This is one of the longest waits and most popular G+ attractions right now. I'd either plan to be there very early to RD it or use your 1st G+ reservation on it. It will save you a lot of time, even if you have to backtrack. I was able to snag a 9-10am LL for it and it was worth the time savings.

DD16 does not want to RD the meet and greet so we plan on RDing Space instead. I think I will do a Splash G+ first and then the meet depending on what time the meet gets pushed back to. I would like to time it for when we are leaving for our midday break. This would be for 11/4 so crowds may be higher and G+ going quicker.

We aren't big meet and greet people but I want a picture with both of them in their outfits together.

Do you know if there's a CM there that can take pictures with our personal phone?

Thank you!

There was a cast member there that would take photos when I was there a few weeks ago.

DD16 does not want to RD the meet and greet so we plan on RDing Space instead. I think I will do a Splash G+ first and then the meet depending on what time the meet gets pushed back to. I would like to time it for when we are leaving for our midday break. This would be for 11/4 so crowds may be higher and G+ going quicker.
M&M will run out of G+ well before Splash will. Some days they are gone shortly after 9, some days they last until 10:30-11:00am. If you decide to choose something else first, you may miss your chance at a G+ for it. It all depends on how long you and DD are willing to wait SB vs. using it as 1st or maybe 2nd G+. It does throw a wrench into advanced planning when you can't choose your return time, but it is what it is. You have to work the system.

Their outfits are beautiful, that is what made me want to do that M&G. It's the only one we did on our last trip. I hope you figure out the best way for you to get it done. It was definitely a highlight!

M&M will run out of G+ well before Splash will. Some days they are gone shortly after 9, some days they last until 10:30-11:00am. If you decide to choose something else first, you may miss your chance at a G+ for it. It all depends on how long you and DD are willing to wait SB vs. using it as 1st or maybe 2nd G+. It does throw a wrench into advanced planning when you can't choose your return time, but it is what it is. You have to work the system.

Their outfits are beautiful, that is what made me want to do that M&G. It's the only one we did on our last trip. I hope you figure out the best way for you to get it done. It was definitely a highlight!

Good to know! We may get the meet as a G+ first then. We can go to splash after space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter