Meeting Edna Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayhawkFans

DIS Veteran
We will be in the Magic Kingdom in two weeks. My teenage daughter would love to meet Edna. Curious if others have done so recently and what kind of wait times we might expect to find

Edna is part of the Incredible Expo stage show. She may interact with guests during the dance party portion but she isn’t meeting or greeting separately.

Say it isn’t so… I thought I had seen pictures of people posing with her? Maybe they just snapped pictures during the dance party?

They do look like quick photos were taken somewhere in front of the Tomorrowland stage during the dance party.

Say it isn’t so… I thought I had seen pictures of people posing with her? Maybe they just snapped pictures during the dance party?
Right, you can snap photos of her as she moves about in the crowd. No M&G, no autographs

I think she may meet in DCA at Pixar Pier unless it was just during media but I’m a FL girl who visits the west coast and international parks vicariously through vloggers

I'm wondering if Edna and the Incredible gang might make an appearance around Halloween or Christmas.

No meet and greets. She cruises around on top of a float in Tomorrowland and sometimes comes to the dance party.

Great if you are DVC
Truth... But it also proves that Aunty Edna is capable of meetin' and-a greetin', which is why I wondered if the Incredibles might possibly make appearances at holiday events.
It would be erroneous to say that she does no meet and greets.

Truth... But it also proves that Aunty Edna is capable of meetin' and-a greetin', which is why I wondered if the Incredibles might possibly make appearances at holiday events.
All of them are capable of doing M&G
That isn't why Disney doesn't offer M&G. There are a multitude of reasons as to why they don't do M&G for characters, most of which we never know
And I disagree to say it's erroneous to say she does no M&G
She is doing 1 special closed, private member only party. I would not ever tell anyone she is doing M&G based off that. The DVC event is a special appearance, not a M&G in any traditional definition

All of them are capable of doing M&G
That isn't why Disney doesn't offer M&G. There are a multitude of reasons as to why they don't do M&G for characters, most of which we never know
And I disagree to say it's erroneous to say she does no M&G
She is doing 1 special closed, private member only party. I would not ever tell anyone she is doing M&G based off that. The DVC event is a special appearance, not a M&G in any traditional definition
Agreed. No need to be technical - we all know what someone is intending to learn when they ask if a character "does meet and greets."

Sorry, allow me to clarify. I simply meant to be informative for the sake of the OP. I did not know if the OP was a DVC member, or if they had recently become a DVC member.

If the OP is a DVC member, yes, Edna Mode is scheduled for TWO meet and greets this year. Each appearance is part of a special event for DVC members. That being said, according to available info, Edna will indeed meet and greet attendees at said special event.

Perhaps I should have said that Edna is available for 2 meet and greets SO FAR this year, which can only be accessed if you are, or if you're brought by a DVC member. I don't think any of us can claim to know whether or not there will be more Edna Mode meet and greets.

Yes, saying "No meet and greets" is by definition erroneous, because the aforementioned character is indeed doing meet and greets on 2 different dates. No doubt pics and vids will surface soon, showing attendees with that character. My assumption is that she will pose, take pictures, and engage in nonverbal communication with party guests. Those actions describe a fairly traditional definition of a meet and greet. It may be rare, and not doable for everyone, but the character is literally listed as "meet and greet" on the linked website.

Lastly, the linked page starts out with this sentence, "Moonlight Magic is an exclusive offering for Disney Vacation Club members and their guests". It also gives specific dates and times. I didn't think my post was misleading.

I just responded to OP who is coming in 2 weeks and said she isn’t doing them. Who knows maybe some day she will. I was saying she isn’t doing them ( unless you are DVC and happen to go to the event). I never said she is never going to be doing m&g. I just answered OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter