Meeting characters multiple times?

PrestoChangeo

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody! I'm new here! I couldn't really find anything on this topic (if there is my apologies, but like I said I'm new here so I don't know the inner workings here haha)

(My apologies if this is long! If the whole thing is too long, then you could just read the bold underlined as that's kinda the main idea of the thread, but the details sorta explain why I'd like to know this lol)

Sooo... I'm going to Disneyland. Main reason is I wanna meet characters (yes, I'm an adult on the outside but a little kid at heart whenever I go to Disney:rotfl2:). That being said, I reeeally wanna take lotsa pictures (especially with my favorites), so I can print like all of them using PhotoPass, so I reeally wanna see them multiple times (I'm talking everyday at least once for the 4 days I'm gonna be there; no I don't care about waiting in line, I just wanna see em LOL!)

I'd love to know if anyone else has ever done this :-) also, if you have (or haven't), what do you think the characters think? Do you think they'd genuinely love seeing you multiple times, or do you think they'd think "Aghhhh, him AGAIN? Really?" (especially if it's back to back-ish; once a day for 4 consecutive days LOL)

I also have little tokens of appreciation to give to these characters with each visit (drawings and little plushies), if that helps :D

As much as I want to be considerate of their feelings, this is still probably a very silly thread, but I'm just so nervous, shy, embarrassed, etc. and I'm not even at the airport yet :oops: lol

But thanks in advance for reading and for your thoughts!

Welcome,
I'm sure you will find that over a day of greeting HUNDREDS of people.. they most likely wont remember you from one day to the next, also they change the characters frequently. so you may not even see the same person from an hour before. Gifts are a sweet idea, but you will need a huge bag if you intend to give each character you meet one every time.. As there are a LOT of Characters to meet over 4 days.. I would possibility only take one for each Character rather than for each visit..
Sounds like you are really excited about your trip.. hope its magical for you .. !!! My family and I have been the last 6 yrs and we have a blast.. ! it truly is a magical place.. :earboy2::dumbo::goofy::mickeyjumpooh::donald::tigger::tink::chewy::darth::eeyore::smickey:pluto:

I met the princesses twice on my 5 day trip (didn't have my autograph book the first time) and the fairies too. Only Tink remembered me (actually only Tink was the same "friend" so that makes sense) and Tink mostly remembered me because I have a Tinkerbell tattoo on the back of my right thigh about the size of an iphone and I always point it out when I'm meeting her. I wouldn't worry about meeting them over and over - as PP said they see so many people each day I'm sure they don't think too much of it.

I'd be cautions with the tokens just because they'll have to immediately hand them off to someone else to greet the next person.

Have a great trip!

Some may remember, but I wouldn't stress about it if that is what makes you happy.

When we were there in 2012, we saw Sleeping Beauty wandering several times. Not only did she remember my girls, but she was able to tell them who they were dressed as. I was very impressed. I made them comfortable princess dresses and they were a different character each day.

I first want to say, thank you! All of you! I really, really appreciate it! I don't know what it is about me, but something inside of me just feels so, so giddy about meeting them, despite the fact that I'm in my early 20's already, as I said I may be an adult but at Disney I'm always a kid :rotfl2:

nikkislaght - Thank you!! That's one way of putting it, I am SOOO STOKED for this trip!! My main goal is to meet the characters (especially my favorites), and I think I will pack one for each character! It sounds awesome! I also wanna wear accessories that relate to 'em, what do you think? LOL!

Disney_Alli - Thank you as well!! I thought about that, that's why I was thinking of always being the last person to meet them everyday haha! Like, I'd let everyone else cut in front of me, until the Cast Member cut off the line to further guests, then just stand at the back of the line! This way, I don't inconvenience anybody with my (perhaps) slightly extended meet-and-greet time, and the other guests get to do what they came to do first. Kinda like a win-win situation! What do you think? Haha

Isatricia - Thank you too!! To be honest, yes, that is what makes me happy! But I want to think about them too, as much as I desire in meeting the characters, haha! I was thinking about wearing accessories related to them too! I just would love to see their reaction! What do you think? Haha!

We met Peter Pan at the Plaza Inn in May of 2015. He spent a bit of time playing with my daughter, who was dressed as Zarina the Pirate Fairy at the time. They chased Captain Hook and really had a lot of fun. Then, in September that same year we were walking towards the Alice ride, by the Alice bathrooms. She was dressed as the Cheshire Cat (the full furry pajama suit) and we were going to take her picture with the cat at Alice. Anyway, Peter and Captain Hook were walking down the path towards us. As he went by, Peter stopped, turned around, and said, "Hey, Lexi, where's your Zarina sword?" I was blown away!

I first want to say, thank you! All of you! I really, really appreciate it! I don't know what it is about me, but something inside of me just feels so, so giddy about meeting them, despite the fact that I'm in my early 20's already, as I said I may be an adult but at Disney I'm always a kid :rotfl2:

nikkislaght - Thank you!! That's one way of putting it, I am SOOO STOKED for this trip!! My main goal is to meet the characters (especially my favorites), and I think I will pack one for each character! It sounds awesome! I also wanna wear accessories that relate to 'em, what do you think? LOL!

Disney_Alli - Thank you as well!! I thought about that, that's why I was thinking of always being the last person to meet them everyday haha! Like, I'd let everyone else cut in front of me, until the Cast Member cut off the line to further guests, then just stand at the back of the line! This way, I don't inconvenience anybody with my (perhaps) slightly extended meet-and-greet time, and the other guests get to do what they came to do first. Kinda like a win-win situation! What do you think? Haha

Isatricia - Thank you too!! To be honest, yes, that is what makes me happy! But I want to think about them too, as much as I desire in meeting the characters, haha! I was thinking about wearing accessories related to them too! I just would love to see their reaction! What do you think? Haha!

I'm 47 and still love meeting the characters..

As for accessories.. have you heard of Disneybounding? try pinterest for some ideas..
https://www.pinterest.com/explore/disneybound/

Again have a great trip !!

And I'm 48 and I still get goose bumps when I see Mickey! And Jack, ahh Jack, that wonderful skeleton man, I will never ever tire of having a pic with him. Who said we have to grow up?!:earsboy:

Welcome to the DIS :cheer2:
I love your enthusiasm !
Sounds like you'll have a fun time interacting with characters.
And from what I've seen the characters love to interact with fans.

Slightly different, but sometimes when we meet Mater (one of my 2-yr-old's favorites) she will ask to meet him again immediately. So, we get right back in line! Somehow, the CMs are always extra friendly the second time through - it's like they realize that she actually loves the character enough to want to go back again immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter