• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Meeting characters in the parks

CheriePenguin

DIS Veteran
Can anyone give us some tips about what characters can be seen / met in the Universal parks?
Is the Velociraptor Blue encounter still happening?
The only other character I saw news about was a troll that shot glitter out his rear.
The boys won't be interested in autographs, but we might like to get some photos. But we aren't sure who we might meet and where.

It sounded like character meets were easier to do at Universal than Disney. Is that true? Any tips or sites that have more info?
Thanks!

We saw Doc Brown and Beetlejuice just wandering around. We stopped and talked to them and took pictures. Beetlejuice was hilarious and looked And sounded exactly like The real thing. We also saw the Simpsons by their RV, short wait for meet n greet and pictures. Also Scooby and the gang was right across the street. There is a meet and greet set up by ET.....I’ve seen the trolls there. Also spongebob is right next door to that meet n greet. They do characters a lot like how Disneyland in CA does it. Casual, no specific lines or areas for the most part.
And yes the raptor encounter is all set up, never saw the wait below 30 minutes

Marilyn Monroe does a ten minute singing show daily in front of the mummy ride/ across from Central Park daily at set time periods

Cute song and dance with her girl team at set times for this outdoor entertainment

The Transformers, Spiderman and other superheroes, Shrek/Donkey, Simpsons, and various Seuss characters meet. The raptor encounter is still going strong, and likely the longest meet (meat? ;) ) line.

Times of scheduled meets:
https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/plan-your-visit/hours-information/show-timesAnd also note many don't have set times, like the Simpsons or Dr. Seuss characters who show up in their respective lands at random (fairly frequent) times throughout the day.

We always have a blast meeting with the characters and talking to them! If you are worried about what to say to them - don't be! They are very good at their jobs. We are not overly outgoing people so we were nervous at first. We noticed very quickly that alot of the characters will pick out something about you to ask about to break the ice. We have had them comment on my DW's necklace, my simpsons character shirts, our lanyards and our anniversary buttons. They are all very easy to talk to and we are always amazed at how they stay in character the whole time even if they switch to a different language.

I saw the Scooby Doo gang, Marilyn Monroe, Popeye & Olive Oyl, Doc Brown, a minion, Dr. Seuss Characters, and the superheroes- Spiderman, Captain America, Wolverine, etc.

We also have met She-Ra, Barney, the Knight Bus conductor & shrunken head, and #thepanda ☺ Ooh, and the train conductor for the Hogwarts Express!

We met so many characters when we were at Universal and IOA. At IOA we met Spiderman, Wolverine and a few other Marvel Characters. We also met several Dr. Seuss characters. In the comic section of the park there are so many fun photo ops as well so don't miss that. We had a blast "meeting" the raptor too.
On the studio side we met Spongebob, Lucy and Ricky, Marilyn Monroe, Dora the Explorer, The minions, some characters from Madagascar, Doc Brown, The Knight Bus conductor, Shrek and Donkey, The Simpsons, Woody Woodpecker and Bullwinkle.
My favorite interactions were with Beetlejuice and also Scooby and the Gang. The Scooby Doo gang were so funny. They were totally in character. Beetlejuice was amazing. When I went to stand next to him he tried to take me away! I have the funniest photos with him. Also Woody Woodpecker danced me around. My hubby loved meeting Lucy and Marilyn. He didn't want a photo at first but they went and got him and were "flirting" with him. We have some fun memories.

Thanks so much for all the great replies!
So is the raptor experience the only one with an actual line? Or do some others have lines too?
I assume there is no express line for these, right?

Thanks so much for all the great replies!
So is the raptor experience the only one with an actual line? Or do some others have lines too?
I assume there is no express line for these, right?
Depending on how busy it is in the parks, there will most likely be a line of people waiting to have their pictures taken with the characters. The characters with designated areas (trolls, Spongebob and friends, raptor, Transformers, Shrek and donkey...) have permanent designated line up areas. The characters that just walk around the park randomly will usually pick a spot to stand. The line will form at that point somewhere near them. If you see a character walking around the park without a line, you just have to walk up to them and talk to them and ask for a picture. We have found that especially in USF there seem to be a lot of characters wandering around the hollywood area with little to no line.

I don't think Betty Boop or Hello Kitty have been mentioned, they are out and about as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter