• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Meet me at the Snuggly Duckling! A June 2018 TR. UPDATED 3/8

I was really impressed with the quality of the Frozen attraction and items but completely agree that it kind of takes over Norway. Hopefully they can bring back more of the actual culture and keep it at the same quality level!
I love all your photopass shots, I had a hard time dragging people to the photopass photographers with me.

I was really impressed with the quality of the Frozen attraction and items but completely agree that it kind of takes over Norway. Hopefully they can bring back more of the actual culture and keep it at the same quality level!
I love all your photopass shots, I had a hard time dragging people to the photopass photographers with me.

I don't give my family a choice with the photopass ops! :laughing:

Cute pics with Donald, Anna, and Elsa! I'm glad you enjoyed FEA, your mom's face is great!!

Her ride photos were priceless. She got so annoyed with me when we first saw them and I couldn't stop laughing.

I always get a bit awkward with face characters.

Oh man, me too. Especially princesses! Their beauty is intimidating?!

I just loved the meet and greet area here. It was really well done and a nice addition.

It is super beautiful! My only complaint is that Anna and Elsa don't meet together!

42959555314_2fe8401880_z.jpg

Awww so cute!

June 13 - EPCOT

Back at the hotel for our afternoon break I collapsed on the bed in the lovely air conditioning for a few minutes before getting up to see who was hanging around outside.

We spent about two hours at the pool soaking up the sun, floating around and reading our books. It was lovely after our hot hot hot morning/afternoon at Epcot.

We decided to go back up to our room just in time as a terrible storm was starting to roll through the area. It was so loud! At one point I jumped as I could have sworn the hotel was hit by lightening. The intense part of the storm lasted about ten minutes and then it just became a normal rain storm.

We hung out in the room for a bit as we didn't see much point in going back to the park when it was raining like that.

It finally let up a bit and I peeked outside to see our giraffe friends hadn't been scared off.

We eventually decided to head back to the park. It was still raining but we decided to risk it as it was not so bad anymore and WDW is so big that perhaps it wasn't even raining at Epcot?

Sure enough it was just a bit of a drizzle when we arrived at the park.

Funnily enough, on our way through bag check we ran into the honeymooning couple we had made friends with the night before at Hollywood Studios. What are the odds? They were feeling a bit panicked as there was a long line at bag check and they were going to be a few minutes late for their dinner ADR in China. I reassured them that there is a grace period for ADR's and that they would be okay.

Once in the park I had to stop for an instagram wall selfie just to annoy mom. :laughing:

We had been hoping to ride Soarin again but there were no fastpasses available and the line was longer than we were willing to wait.

Instead we made our way towards World Showcase. I stopped to get something to eat from the Refreshment Port before we started our tour. This item had been on my must try list ever since I booked the trip.

The Signature Poutine - french fries with the Canadian Cheese Soup and cheese curds. I have been dreaming of that soup ever since I first tried it at Le Cellier many years ago and I was so excited to see it offered at the Refreshment Port both on its own and as a poutine option!

It may not look terribly appetizing but it was DELICIOUS!

Mom found us a seat on a bench under an umbrella and we chowed down. Yum, yum, yum!

Our next logical stop was Canada.

We went into the shop to see if they had any new merchandise and I saw that they had a Canadian Chip and Dale themed line of merch!

They even had hockey pucks! :rotfl2:

I kinda wish I had bought the shirt or sweater but alas I did not.

While in the shop mom was chatting with one of the cast members and brought up that we were planning a trip in 2021 for the 50th anniversary. Mom was all excited as she said we would be there for her birthday.... Sorry to burst her bubble but if are going to be there for the actual 50th anniversary on October 1st no way we would also be there for her birthday much later in the month. I told her we could just celebrate her birthday a few days early while in WDW... No way we were going to take a three week WDW vacation as much as I would love that. I am sure she will continue to try and convince us we should skip the 50th and be there for her birthday instead. :laughing:

We decided to go see O Canada since we hadn't seen it on our last few trips. I do enjoy the song they play, makes you feel all the feels. Maybe that is just for Canadians though? :laughing:

Over in England we wandered through the shops. Am I going crazy or did they redesign the interiors and move the merchandise around? It looked different to me. :confused3

I 100% agree with this shirt!

It had stopped raining by this point which was a relief as I was feeling a bit soggy and frizzy.

It was still pretty overcast though so I was worried it would start up on us again.

We considered getting dinner in France but it was crowded and I just wasn't feeling it. We never did end up getting dinner that night, just the poutine that we shared earlier.

France was very pretty that evening even with the overcast weather.

We had just missed the start of Impressions de France so we decided to just keep on moving through the countries. There was somewhere I wanted to be for 8:00!

I just found your report today! I love reading about fellow Canucks heading down to WDW! Now I have to read all your other ones! Also hello from BC!

I just found your report today! I love reading about fellow Canucks heading down to WDW! Now I have to read all your other ones! Also hello from BC!

Welcome!

I love BC! My dad and brother live in the Okanagan and I spent a few years living in Victoria when I was a kid. What area are you from?

I got the pint glass! And use it all the time! adorable!

Good choice!

Aww the little baby is so cuuuuute!

Just a little nap!

It may not look terribly appetizing but it was DELICIOUS!

Oh man I'm not sure I could get past the appearance! But the fries do look fantastic, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! Do you eat poutine a lot?

Wow I've never noticed this building

So pretty! SOmetimes overcast skies are better than blue ones!

Great view of the giraffes!

I'm glad the rain slowed down enough for you guys to head to Epcot! That poutine looks sooo good!

I think someone else said this too about Norway, that hopefully the Frozen hoopla will die down, and they will bring back items for Norway.
2 of my kids got married this past year, and both of them did a Cruise in Norway. My dd's cruise was exclusively Norway and my son did a few other countries.

I wonder what Disney has in store for their 50th Celebration.

Is Canada like the European countries that go on holiday for the month of August?
My dh purchases equipment in Austria/Germany and he had massive meetings yesterday, because he says, everything is going to be shut down for a month now when everyone goes on Holiday.
He asked me, "what is up with that"-I looked at him and said, "wouldn't that be awesome" I would love to be off work this whole month.

Aww the little baby is so cuuuuute!

The cute little baby hung out by our room every day. A highlight for sure.

Oh man I'm not sure I could get past the appearance! But the fries do look fantastic, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! Do you eat poutine a lot?

I am a bad Canadian and had not ever had poutine until a week before this trip. That being said this version of poutine did not taste anything like regular poutine due to the cheese soup instead of gravy. I love that cheese soup though so I prefer it to traditional gravy poutine.

I think someone else said this too about Norway, that hopefully the Frozen hoopla will die down, and they will bring back items for Norway.

As nice as it would be I doubt they will change anything for a long time as Frozen is so popular but they also put a lot of money into those renos/additions.

I wonder what Disney has in store for their 50th Celebration.

I am excited to find out!

Is Canada like the European countries that go on holiday for the month of August?

Nope, not at all. Business as usual up here. Of course, lots of people like to take their summer holidays in August but no more so than June or July.

Great view of the giraffes out your window! If you have to wait out a bad storm, at least there's a great view to help entertain you.

Love that Winnie the Pooh shirt. Advice a lot of people forget to take, myself included.

Glad the poutine was delicious!

Great view of the giraffes out your window! If you have to wait out a bad storm, at least there's a great view to help entertain you.

Yes, I did feel badly for the poor animals being out in the storm but I suppose even in their natural habitat they would be stuck out in the rain.

Love that Winnie the Pooh shirt. Advice a lot of people forget to take, myself included.

:thumbsup2

Jambo!

Welcome to my sixth trip report! Welcome back to those that followed along on my PTR and to those that have read in the past. Nice to meet you to all those who are new to one of my threads. Please say hello and don't be shy. I love chatting with Disney friends about past trips and future trips.

As you can probably tell by my greeting I stayed at the beautiful Animal Kingdom Lodge on this trip. This was our second time staying at AKL and it was even better than the first time!

Details of the trip
Dates: June 11-20
Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Travelling from: Ontario, Canada
Mousketeers: Me (Lessa) and Mom (Beth)
Number of trips to WDW: 7
Dining Plan: Nope!
Tickets: 9 day single park tickets
I'll give you a little bit of information about the both of us as I think it is always nice to know about the people in the report as it gives insight into the choices that were made and how things were done on the trip. It also makes it more fun to read and a bit more personal. :goodvibes

Lessa

I am a Registered Nurse professionally and an avid Disney lover and trip planner recreationally. ;) I first went to a Disney park way back in 1989 when I was very young. That trip was to Disneyland when we moved to Monterey, California. My next trip wasn't until 1997 when somehow my father was convinced to take a Christmas WDW trip (my dad hates Disney). After that it wasn't until 2007 that mom, my two brothers and I made it back to WDW and in my mind I view that as "the first trip". It is the trip that we all remember well and it was "magical". Ever since that trip I have been addicted and I always have a Disney trip in the works whether it is for me or helping a friend plan their own family vacation. I just love Disney and I don't think I will ever get tired of it.

I work a crazy amount of hours and if you followed my PTR you will know I am a sucker and can't turn down overtime shifts. I'm just no good at saying no. That works in my favour though as it helps me earn Disney money fairly quickly! It also means that when it comes time for a vacation I am ready for it!

Beth

Mom is also a big Disney fan and she gets all misty eyed when she thinks about her happy place. This vacation was my gift to her. Mom often deals with a lot of stress at her job as well so this was a needed break for her. Mom missed having my brothers along on the trip but she knows that they will be back to WDW with us on the next trip! Of note, Mom has multiple sclerosis. This can sometimes cause her to move slowly, experience nerve pain and have swelling. I designed this trip with relaxation in mind for two reasons 1)We need to learn to relax on vacation! :laughing: 2)I was hoping having rests in the middle of the day would help with Mom's symptoms.

That's it for the introduction. I hope that you all enjoy my report. I will do my best to update a few times a week. I love to take pictures so this report will be filled with many photos to accompany my stories. Please feel free to chime in so I know I'm not talking to myself. :cutie:
Following along! Can’t wait to hear about your trip!‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter