Meet and Greet changes at AK

You would think out of the two, Dug would stay since it's Animal Kingdom. That's a shame. I wonder if less people will venture to Rafiki's Planet Watch with Rafiki no longer there.

We'll be skipping RPW without Rafiki. He was always one of our favorites. This is very disappointing. Also would rather have Dug than Russell... I hope Baloo and Louie aren't in danger - they are my favorite M & G in the whole park!

At the moment Rafiki is still scheduled at Planet Watch until the 19th and so is Russel and Dug on the Hub

At the moment Rafiki is still scheduled at Planet Watch until the 19th and so is Russel and Dug on the Hub
Oh, please extend on till the end of the month. We'd LOVE a Russel and Dug animated magic shot

Phew. So happy to read this. Dug is one of the only characters I really wanted to meet on my trip next week! Cool Magic Shot too, I'll keep my eyes on this thread...

The strange part is the original post on the Disney Parks Blog seems to be gone. Or at least the original link doesn't pull it up

I always wondered - what is the cost to Disney for having Meet & Greet's with characters? I always figured it would be a low cost (if non-face character your paying the cost of costumes, cast member fee's and initial greeting area / stage costs) alternative to attractions. So when they make these suggested character cuts, I'm always perplexed as to if it really saves that much money. Anyone have any idea on that?

I always wondered - what is the cost to Disney for having Meet & Greet's with characters? I always figured it would be a low cost (if non-face character your paying the cost of costumes, cast member fee's and initial greeting area / stage costs) alternative to attractions. So when they make these suggested character cuts, I'm always perplexed as to if it really saves that much money. Anyone have any idea on that?

Depending on the character/length of time available to meet, it can be a pretty substantial cost. In a single day, each character will have multiple friends, character attendants, and photopass photographers. Someone on here will have a better number, but 10 CMs to support a single meet and greet sounds about right, and ads up very quickly

In a day of Dug and Russel M&G there's easily 25 people being paid to do that meet. Last I knew starting pay was around $10/hr at the parks. The cost of costumes is far beyond just original purchase, which can be hundreds to start with, upkeep and cleaning isn't cheap. So it does make a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter