Cast
Me Tracy (40ish) Chief Planner and "I am a Disneyholic"
Hubby Juz (40ish) Disneyholic ,cant get any madder on Disney
DS Kristian 15 "Why are we going away when I will miss my GF "
DD Kayleigh 13 LOVES coasters and holidays
DS Kyle 9 LOVES coasters and Stitch

Annual pass and Shareholder an using Half Board Plus for the first time

VALENTINES DAY IN DISNEY :love:

As we were leaving today with a long journey ahead we never set the alarm to get the most from our sleep. I woke at 830am to find Juz already having done the breakfast run and Kristian awake also. VALENTINES day today...where better to spend it but poor DS15 was upset not to be spending it with DGF.We woke the other two and ate a light breakfast. Kristian rang Alice whilst we packed up the rest of our things and we set to go at 1015am. The camp looked lovely in the frost.

SS851426.jpg

SS851427.jpg

SS851428.jpg

Sad to be leaving we made our way to the parks.

SS851435.jpg

We parked at New York hotel and wandered through the Village at which point Kristian asked where we were eating for lunch which reminded us we had left the last of our half board vouchers in the car!!
Juz dashed back while we killed time in the shops.

SS851442.jpg

SS851443.jpg

We made our way into Disneyland park to notice how busy it seemed. A visit to the dragon under the castle .

SS851444.jpg

SS851446.jpg

We then went into Fantasyland where it seemed very crowded. We did manage to get a ride on the storybook ride.

SS851448.jpg

SS851452.jpg

SS851455.jpg

SS851460.jpg

The queue for the train ride was also very busy so we chose just to wander through to POTC which was a walk on again.

SS851463.jpg

SS851464.jpg

(CONTD)

We had a booking for Agrabah Cafe thinking it would be a nice setting for a valentines meal and to set us up for the journey.

SS851470.jpg

It was a beautiful setting and we were led into the farthest room which was lovely and quiet.

SS851467.jpg

SS851468.jpg

SS851465.jpg

SS851466.jpg

The buffet did not disappoint with a lovely unusual array of foods. Lots of nice salads,couscous,pasta ,lamb tajine,pitta bread,meatballs,kebab meatsand vegetarian lasagne.One of the best buffets for vegetarian choice we thought.

Dessert had various tarts.ginger bread loaf with chocolate chips,chocolate mousee and crepes to name a few.We really enjoyed our meal here with a nice variation to other places we had been.

SS851472.jpg

SS851475.jpg

Reluctantly we made our way back out through the shops to say a last goodbye to the park.

I love this picture

SS851476.jpg

SS851480.jpg

SS851482.jpg

Back through the Village we picked up all the things we had spotted in the week. Kayleigh got 2 bags,Kyle another Stitch and some Stitch figures. We bought glasses and placemats whilst Kristian bought various valentine gifts for Alice .All with 20% discount with AP one day I should work out how much those passes have saved us!
Back into Hotel New York we did a quick toilet break and then off on our journey home at 230pm.

SS851485.jpg

Our booking for the tunnel wasnt until 855pm but we took the option to go earlier on the chance we got an earlier crossing. The French roads were busier than the journey coming but still easy to navigate. As we approached Calais the temps really started to drop with a light fog coming down. Glad we had choosen to set off earlier in case it had got heavier later on.
Self check in the Eurotunnel offered the next available slot at no extra charge for 620pm nearly 3 hours earlier than our booking. A quick 5 minutes looking around the terminal when our boarding was announced so onto the train we went.
We had kept the loaves and some croissants from breakfast so had a snack in the car whilst going through the tunnel.

Back in the UK :sad2: we inevitably get held up for a while on the M25 showing the advantage of travelling late at night on the way! The remains of the journey uneventful we pulled up at home at 1115pm tired but happy we had had a GREAT DISNEY HOLIDAY!! :dance3:

Thank you once more for your TR and for the pictures. They are great.
And another first time for me that I saw pictures of the Agrabah Cafe. :)

What a lovely report.

Was there no valentine decorations in the park for valentines day?

Thanks for sharing your trip report, I have really enjoyed it. Lovely photos too:thumbsup2

I have loved reading your trip reports and your pictures were fabulous. If I could pluck up enough courage to consider driving I would love to stay at DCR and your trippie has reinforced that.
Like Marcus it's the first time I've seen inside Agrabah Cafe, nice to hear your writeup and it is certainly somewhere we could try next time.
That light fitting from Adventureland is one of my favourite features of the park :goodvibes

I have loved reading your trip reports and your pictures were fabulous. If I could pluck up enough courage to consider driving I would love to stay at DCR and your trippie has reinforced that.
Like Marcus it's the first time I've seen inside Agrabah Cafe, nice to hear your writeup and it is certainly somewhere we could try next time.
That light fitting from Adventureland is one of my favourite features of the park :goodvibes

Thanks for all the feedback :goodvibes

we were a bit concerned about the drive and knew we would either hate it never to do again or see it as a cheap means to get somewhere we love and make the journey worth it :love: Thankfully it hasnt put us off and hope to visit again sometime .

We loved DCR a really nice quiet sanctuary to come back to after a busy

day :thumbsup2

As for the Agrabah Cafe we really enjoyed the different choices from the standard buffett fare and with such a beautiful setting too it was like a series of small rooms and courtyards and I would imagine quiet even if full :thumbsup2

It really does look like you had a fab time.
I wish i could drive then id set up camp and live outside the park lol

Great report. I have a pic of the kids on the camel bench too, funny to think we could have been there at almost the same time!

Looks like you should be on commission for Agrabah :)

Glad you enjoyed DCR. Every time we look at flying, we just know that we would be bouncing off each other in a hotel :)

Thanks for taking the time to add all those pics -it just reinforces for us that yes driving is worth it -can`t wait to go back to DCR now!!

Great trip reports, I really enjoyed reading them and seeing your pictures.

Lovely photos, I especially love the ones of Agrabah Cafe, it looks great :goodvibes

Glad you had such a great time!

Really enjoyed your trip report, it looks like your family have a lot of fun together (despite ripping your son away from his GF:lovestruc ).

Can I be really nosey and ask what kind of camera you have and whether you did any kind of adjustments to take the pic of the dragon? With all due respect to all the other great photos I've seen on here, this one is far and away the best IMHO and my DP is seriously jealous (his dragon pics came out a bit murky:rolleyes1 ).

Awww that was lovely. The last day is a funny one, isn't it? Trying to enjoy as much as possible with that horrible lurking got-to-go-soon feeling.

The driving isn't too bad for most of the way, we found, except for one bit where the road layout makes NO SENSE at all. Seems the road splits 8 ways and you suddenly have to switch from far right hand lane to far left, across 6 lanes.:scared1:

Really enjoyed your trip report, it looks like your family have a lot of fun together (despite ripping your son away from his GF:lovestruc ).

Can I be really nosey and ask what kind of camera you have and whether you did any kind of adjustments to take the pic of the dragon? With all due respect to all the other great photos I've seen on here, this one is far and away the best IMHO and my DP is seriously jealous (his dragon pics came out a bit murky:rolleyes1 ).

Thanks again for the lovely feedback :goodvibes

As for the camera it's a Samsung S850 and no there were no adjustments made. I got it as an early birthday present for our trip last August and hadnt realised on that trip I had the date stamp on ,,,,which is the only criticism as the date was HUGE so I was unhappy with last trips photos as it was very intrusive on the photos. Must admit this time I made sure it wasnt on and I was quite pleased how they turned out :angel:

Shame it all seems such a long time ago though now Ive got the post holiday blues :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter