• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mediterranean cruise excursions

memobrien

Mouseketeer
We are booked for mediterranean cruise on the dream. We have mobility issues and typically use a scooter when needing to walk or stand for long time. Have a few questions:

1.. We are nervous to bring out personnal scooter. Has anyone rented one in barcelona and taken on cruise?

2. Anyone have feeback/details on the accessible excursions in Rome, Pompeii or Cannes.

3. Any other tips?

We don’t have experience with renting a scooter in the Med for a cruise but did do a 10-day land tour of Italy last year. From what I recall, Rome and Pompeii are. It very scooter/wheel chair friendly. I ended up with a badly injured knee and there were not a lot of elevator and/or ramps. There was an elevator you could take at the colosseum and Vatican in Rome. Maybe call DCL guest services and see if they have accessible excursions? Just a note that for Italy and Pompei, there are a LOT of cobblestones that may drain the life of a scooter.

Cobblestones are plentiful. Scooters, wheelchair, rollators, snd cobblestones are not a great combination.

We did rent a scooter in Barcelona from a little shop around the corner from the Sagrada Família for a few days while we were in Barcelona. I had vibrated my rollator to its death the previous week on cobblestones. Barcrlona was very wheels friendly save getting to and from the ship itself.

Rome is not especially scooter friendly in getting between sights. The sights themselves are moderately accessible- finding the access path or correct door can be a challenge sometimes.

Xou need to plan bus access carefully. Rome is some distance from where the ship docks. The same thing s true gor Florence/Pisa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter