• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Medieval Times Dinner

PapaLR

Earning My Ears
During our family trip to DL in September, I was considering a dinner show at Medieval Times. Any pros or cons? Also is getting the VIP seating worth the extra cost?

We went last Nov. and thoroughly enjoyed it. We did the VIP seating and felt it was well worth the extra money. Our 5 year old daughter fell in love with the knight which was representing our section. (he was cute). My only warning about the Medieval Dinner theatre is the drinks that they serve prior to the show, they are expensive. As well there is a long wait between when we entered the castle to when we actually were seated for supper. A long wait! But otherwise well worth the experience. We are going back this year and are thinking of trying the Pirate Dinner Theatre, but not sure how to explain to our now 6 year old daughter why we are not going back to visit her knight in shining armour. Because she was in the VIP section and waving her arms like crazy he presented her with a sash given to him by the princess. It was quite a big deal. Her picture was taken and everything. Again, well worth it.

Dh and I went there w/ some friends about 5 years back. It was entertaining. The "stadium" is divided into different sections, and each section has its own knight they are rooting for. You get to eat with your hands and other fun things. :thumbsup2 I don't know about VIP seating though, not sure what advantages it gives. We had regular seating and saw everything just fine.

Hope that helps. :)

We really like and usually go to Medieval Times when we visit DL. From our experience, it is not worth the extra money for VIP seating. We didn't get any better seats with it than we did without it. I think when we did the VIP thing we got an upgraded flag thing to wave. You can pick one up from the roving vendors for $1 that is just fine. I have also found it is better to book your seats and then pay for them when you get to there rather than prepay. There are so many coupons available in the tourist pamphlets and magazines that you can get at the Anaheim hotels. I think we got $6 per person off in November.

If you go to Midevil Time web page and select the California location, you can then do specials and get the coupon's online. If you happen to be going and have 4 people and someone in the party has a birthday that month - the birthday person gets a free meal! We hope to make it there in our July trip. My son keeps talking about a friend who went a few weeks ago and says he must go! Thanks for the tip that you can make a reservation and pay at the gate. I was expecting we would just take our chances to get the coupon savings.

We really enjoyed this show. Didnt get VIP seating though so cant comment.
When we were there they offered free bus transport from your hotel. If they still do this & you dont have a car this is a great plus! But make sure you call the morning off the show to book it. We are going to go again! Enjoy!

We always do a dinner show when we do a Disney vacation but didn't enjoy the Medieval Times in CA anywhere near as much as we did in FL. We're gonna give the Pirates Dinner Show a try this year instead. It was still a great show but just didn't seem as good. And when mundaremom says there's a long wait between entering the castle and being seated for the show and dinner - they ain't lying!! It seemed to go on forever.

We loved it! The kids had a great time and so did us adults. It was about 2 years ago, but it was well worth it. We didn't do VIP seating either, but we had great seats so I don't think it would have made much difference for us. We bought light up thingy's and they waved those madly instead of the flags.

We will probably be doing it again this November too. Have fun!

I'll be the odd one out and say that I think while it's entertaining, it's WAY over priced. The food is YUCK. It's just not that special and certianly not worth the cost.

I may have been to Medival times when i was a kid but don't remember much about it. Where is it located??

what is the Pirate dinner show? where is this located?

easy to get to? Prices? interested to consider for our October trip...

We have only been to the one in Orlando, but I assume they are similar. Our family absolutely loved it. We didn't have VIP seating, and our knight didn't win, but it was a fun night for all. And oh that sangria!!!

Both Medival Times and the Pirates dinner show are located on Beach Blvd between Knott's and the 91 freeway.

Seems like this belongs over on the S CA board.

DH and I went there in 2003. We got a coupon from the website, I think it was $7 or $8 off. It was fun (our knight won!). The food was ok, you eat with your hands, but they do give you a warm cloth when you are through eating. We got some bread, a rib (I literally mean 1 rib bone with meat on it), some beef, a half of a baked potato, and I don't remember anything else. Dessert may have been a cookie.

It was over all a good experience, but we probably will never go again. I think it was about $70-$80 or so, I realize that you are also paying for the show and experience, but a little pricey in our opinion. I am glad that I went once for the experience though. They do have lots of cool things to look at while you are waiting, armor, swords, etc ...

We've been to Medieval Times several times. We enjoy the experience (except the waiting part). I even like the food. I'm sort of a horse nut, though, and never grew out of that adolescent love and longing for horses. Love to watch 'em, ride 'em, feed 'em, groom 'em, etc.

Do you know if they run a shuttle from the Disneyland Hotel or about what the cab fare would be? It doesn't seem to be too far from Disneyland.

simba_one said:
We always do a dinner show when we do a Disney vacation but didn't enjoy the Medieval Times in CA anywhere near as much as we did in FL. We're gonna give the Pirates Dinner Show a try this year instead. It was still a great show but just didn't seem as good. And when mundaremom says there's a long wait between entering the castle and being seated for the show and dinner - they ain't lying!! It seemed to go on forever.

It's funny how we all have our favs. We were used to the MT in LA, and love it! We always get the VIP package, and some special young lady in our group almost always gets the rose from the knight! We have front row seats. One phrase is usually said at the window, "we have had a long journey here - all of the way from Oregon - could you please reward us with extra special seats?" It works every time :love:

When we went to MT in FL, we were very disappointed. Maybe they just had an off night? Anyway, "Let the tournament begin!!!" We'll be there two weeks from tonight! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter