Medications in the parks?

MSPeeler

DISnerd
Hopefully this is a quick and easy question with a quick easy answer.

We have a couple family members that need to take medications throughout the day, none need refrigeration. What do we need to do or bring to accomplish this?
Will we have any trouble bringing in a pill separator? Do we need to bring the medication in its original container? We have about eight bottles of medication across four people, so it would take up a significant amount of room to bring all of the bottles.

We are staying offsite, so we are not able to take a break during the day to go back to a resort, which would obviously be more convenient.

Thanks!

For multiple trips, both my husband and I have taken our meds in a pill case and no one ever questioned us about them. We were onsite, so I could have gone back for bottles if I absolutely had to, but no one ever asked about them. So you should be fine.

We have never had prescription meds with us but we bring advil and allergy meds with us. Our allergies are much worse in Florida. We just put them in a baggie to save room. No one has ever questioned it. The pill separator might be an issue. I am not sure though. To make it easier (if you can) i would separate the pill before you leave the room.

We've never had any trouble either. I keep them all in one zipped bag, including my son's emergency seizure meds, and security have a look and pass them through...

Won't be a problem. I have brought medications in nothing but a zip lock baggie and have never had anyone say a word about it.

I carry my meds in pill cases or small ziplock bags into the parks with no problem. Have never tried to bring a pill cutter into a park. Just to be safe, as mentioned, I would cut pills before bringing them with you.

My DD takes multiple medications. I have a pill sorter which has a separate, removable, section for each day. I bring an individual day's worth of meds with us when we go to the parks. I've never had an issue with them not being in original containers. But none of my DD's meds are controlled substances. I'd keep any controlled substances in their original prescription bottles.

If you need to split pills, I'd recommend doing that before heading to the parks. Just one less thing to worry about.

or your pill cutter....unless you use a butcher knife to cut your pills. Then they won't let you bring your "pill cutter" in.

Wondeful. Thank You so much! One last thing to check of my "should I worry" list.

LOL 10 days till we leave!!

I always take OTC and prescription meds mixed together in a small pill case.
Never have an issue at bag check.

The only time anyone ever questioned me was when a security person initially thought my Epi-Pen was a weapon. Upon inspection he realized what it was and let me in with no issues.

I throw all my meds, prescription and OTC, into a single pill bottle. I have never had an issue.

NEVER have had an issue with prescription meds before and even put them in by daily dose in small jewelry Ziploc bags unlabeled. They don't even question it!

I always carry my prescription meds in a medicine case and security looks and keeps going. No problems ever. I also carry epi-pens and an asthma inhaler and no probs. :)

There are laws about keeping prescription medications in their original containers when traveling (even when you're just out in your own car locally) but I'm not sure how they would apply to the parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter