Meatball recipe????

tiggerlover

<font color=33CC99>Still waiting for "the talk"<br
I am on the hunt for a fabulous meatball recipe, if you have one that you are willing to share I would love to have it!

TIA!

ask him

mearball.jpg

I just use beef (usually 80/20) italian bread crumbs, finely diced onion, egg and parm cheese. I use the fatty meat as it leaves more flavor in the meatballs, I mix it up, roll it up and bake it on rakes in the oven (so the fat) "falls" below. I usually make huge batches at once and what I am not using for that meal or event, I layer on a cookie sheet, freeze until solid & then dump into large ziploc bags.. this way you can pull out 1 meatball or all of them for the next time you need them.

I have seved them in marina sauce, in BBQ sauce, and sweet & sour style w/ some pineapple chunks mixed in (this is my favorite version) and w/ a gravy (brown)

I use ground beef and meatloaf mix (ground pork and veal), egg, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, parsley, parmesan cheese, and onion powder. I also bake them on a rack (but fry them from time to time..just because).

I don't eat meat but I do make meatballs for my family--I use a combo of beef,veal and pork, egg, breadcrumbs, parm cheese, onion, garlic, oregano and then fry them so they have a bit of "crunch" to the outsides

I have found that the bags of pre-made frozen meatballs you can buy at the Walmart/Kroger freezer section are just as good as any you can get in a restaurant (according to my family) I don't eat meat. I have tried numerous recipes for meatballs and they just don't turn out as flavorful as the frozen ones. (according to my family)

I have tried 2 of the recipes posted here. Family didn't care for them.

If I make them homemade I use 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 hot Italian sausage...YUM! Along with breadcrumbs, egg and a crap ton of spices. No idea how much since I just toss them in. :confused3

I guess I am boring! I use 2 lbs of ground beef, I box of stovetop stuffing mix, 2 eggs beaten, 1/2ish cup of water and dump in some parmesean cheese. (use the water to moisten the stuffing mix, then mix all the stuff together, bake at 375) add sauce.

For the record, this also makes delish meatloaf (with brown gravy)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter