Mears Connect - where did you stay and how many stops?

stal

DIS Veteran
Hello!
I thought we should make a thread to see if there is some kind of pattern to how long you will be on the motor coach for.
reply to this thread with the following

Resort -
Number of stops -
Prior resorts visited -

Thanks team!

Varies by time of day and expected load of reserved passengers.
In June I was at Saratoga Springs. We stopped at 2 others before SS: CBR and OKW.
On the way back we stopped at CBR then airport.

Time on bus is almost always between 30 and 60 minutes.

Last week. I know if varies but for those trying to get an idea of what it’s like

6:40pm arrived at Mears MCO area
7:15pm left MCO after a quick stop at Terminal C
8:25pm arrived ASMu (stop 4 of 6)

I knew to budget 2-3 hours however I still won’t do Mears again unless I’m really trimming my budget. It surprisingly bugged me when I realized as we left MCO if I’d just ponied up for a rideshare I’d be arriving at my resort. Being on a bus to Disney through dinner time every kid aboard was equal parts excited, exhausted and hungry- so rather rough on the eardrums 😂

AoA, third stop from the airport I believe after CB and Pop.
On the way back we made one more stop. The bus was either completely or mostly empty when we got on at AoA, then quickly filled up at the next stop (I believe it was Pop but I may be misremembering).

beach club 12/2 to 12/9
our party of 6
another party of 2
we were the only 8 passengers
took us straight to the hotel
on the way home the bus already had people on it

August - Coronado

- 30 min wait (not sure how long it was there before we boarded) at terminal A/B, another 20 mins at terimal C
- First stop - AKL
- Second-Fourth stops - Allstars 1, 2, and 3
- Final stop - Coronado

Total trip length - approx 90 mins and a whole lot of Uber fomo

August 2023, arrival (almost 9PM):

We boarded almost immediatly a pretty full bus. Left for the new terminal to pick up more people (felt long)

Then we stopped at Pop Century, AoA, Carribean, *** and finally AsMu. Almost 1h45, ouch!

On return, we did AsMovie, then Pop/AoA, Carribean, and Saratoga. Plus we were the last terminal to leave. Again felt too long.

I don't remember Magical Express to be that bad honestly. Pretty sure we will go private transport this year. Just have to see about the kids booster seats.

Right after Thanksgiving, my Mears Connect trip took every bit of two hours from check in to arrival the the Contemporary. The issue wasn’t just the number of stops - first at C Terminal, then three non-Disney resorts, then me, then one party left on the van). It was the traffic to the non-Disney resorts. It was terrible and it seemed to take forever to get to/in/out of them.

For my return trip, the driver was a full 15 minutes early. They mean it when they say be out front waiting. No problems getting to the airport with time to spare.

IMO Mears Connect is OK for what it is - a shared shuttle. Traveling solo, it is economical and safe. I’ve used them several times with no major issues. But for groups of two or more I definitely prefer a towncar.

When I stay at the All Stars, I'm the last stop after first visiting Pop, Art of Animation, and Coronado. Meaning the All Stars are the 4, t, and 6 stops.

At Wilderness Lodge, I was the 2nd stop after Fort Wilderness. The bus was continuing on to Contemporary, Poly, and Grand Floridian.

Last week. I know if varies but for those trying to get an idea of what it’s like

6:40pm arrived at Mears MCO area
7:15pm left MCO after a quick stop at Terminal C
8:25pm arrived ASMu (stop 4 of 6)

I knew to budget 2-3 hours however I still won’t do Mears again unless I’m really trimming my budget. It surprisingly bugged me when I realized as we left MCO if I’d just ponied up for a rideshare I’d be arriving at my resort. Being on a bus to Disney through dinner time every kid aboard was equal parts excited, exhausted and hungry- so rather rough on the eardrums 😂
Yikes a trip to Terminal C and 6 stops...ugh.

Resort: All-Star Music
Stop: Driver dropped off everyone on the bus and asked “where are you going?” Apparently they put us on the wrong bus. 🤷‍♂️

Resort: POFQ

POFQ has been the first stop to drop off from MCO on all my flights except one, and that flight had a stop at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. One trip, when I got in at midnight (after waiting an hour for my bag at Terminal C), I was the only passenger on the jitney-like vehicle. Nice!

Return trip to MCO had two stops after FQ: POR, SSR.

if you filled an Uber/Lyft with 4 people, wouldn't it be cheaper to go that route than using Mears?

if you filled an Uber/Lyft with 4 people, wouldn't it be cheaper to go that route than using Mears?
It actually might be about the same or less, depending on what time of day it was. Rideshares can be more expensive than one would hope. But you don't have to decide until you get there, since you don't need to book Mears in advance. After you arrive, you can check the current rideshare prices and then choose what you'd prefer.

BWV.
Stopped at AOA, POP, CARIBBEAN BEACH THEN US.
Same exact reverse trip when we left.
Took about 45 minutes of dropping off/picking up before driving to the airport. So it was not a short trip but the price was worth it. AC and my kids just napped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter