Mears Connect Experience

Sorry, OT but I wanted to say I’m so happy to hear you finally got to take your vacation! I hope it was worth the wait, lol!
THANK YOU!! It truly was amazing! I didn’t realize how much we needed this vacation until we were on it and it was great from the moment we left until the moment we arrived home!! Not perfect but I wouldn’t change a thing!!!
Have a trip planned for September and I was wondering.

What is the advantage of taking Mears rather than Uber? It sounds more expensive and you still have to wait and pick up your own luggage. I don't mean to judge anybody who has opted for Mears, but is there some obvious advantage that I'm missing?
We are 2 people. Mears/Sunshine Flyer works best for us due to cost.

Good experience using Mears Connect!

2/2 from airport - check in was easy and our bus left the terminal about 15 minutes after we boarded. Not many people on the bus, we were the first stop.

2/10 from POFQ - picked up right on time, made one more stop before getting to MCO about 1/2 hour after boarding.

All in all a great experience!

My mother and I took Mears Connect to and from OKW and it was seamless. Got right on the bus and OKW was the first stop, YMMV. they picked us up a little bit early to go back to MCO. Luggage and mother's rollator under the bus. this was in January so Sunshine Flyer was not an option then.

Has anyone used the service yet with very early pick-ups back to the airport? Our flight home is at 6:00AM. I know Mears and DME should act the same and we never had any issues before with these early pick-ups with DME. Just wondering if anyone has had that experience yet since the change.

Our checkout flight in April is 5:20 pm; so would Mears pickup at 2 pm? We are staying at AOA and I believe it’s a second stop?

Has anyone used the service yet with very early pick-ups back to the airport? Our flight home is at 6:00AM. I know Mears and DME should act the same and we never had any issues before with these early pick-ups with DME. Just wondering if anyone has had that experience yet since the change.
Yes. My return pickup last weekend as at 4am. The bus was waiting for us when we walked outside. No problems

I was looking about the internet and found bagsinc.com, the web site for BAGS, Inc, the behind the scenes company that handled bags for the former Magical Express and for the former Resort Airline Check in.

You can book travel for your bags from Orlando Int'l Airport domestic flights to Disney directly with them. They fetch it from the carousel so you can skip that part. It's US$40. for the first two and $10. apiece for more up to eight total.

Last edited:
Can you imagine how much money Disney is saving between eliminating fees like that and discontinuing its partnership with Mears and then driving revenue through Genie+, resort parking fees, etc.
The board must have a small alter built behind the conference room for Bob Chapek and Josh D'Amaro.
...and greatly increasing room rates at the resorts, as well. Is reducing services (no daily housekeeping, no DME, no bag transfer to/from MCO) supposed to equate to higher room rates? That math does not add up, except, apparently, if it is Disney.

Yesterday, I made a Mears Connect Reservation for a 6am flight in March and they have advised me that pick up from my Disney Resort will be 2:45am. I was expecting that because I used Disney Magical Express for 15 years. So, no problem.

I was looking about the internet and found bagsinc.com, the web site for BAGS, Inc, the behind the scenes company that handled bags for the former Magical Express and for the former Resort Airline Check in.

You can book travel for your bags from Orlando Int'l Airport domestic flights to Disney directly with them. They fetch it from the carousel so you can skip that part. It's US$40. for the first two and $10. apiece for more up to eight total.
Have you used this service? I am very interested in this, especially when traveling to Disney with my elderly mother. It would be worth the convenience.

We had a 7am flight on Thurs, Feb 2. We were picked up from Pop Century at 3:35am, which was the time Mears gave us. I received a notification from Mears when our bus was about 5 min away. The bus made one more pick up, then took us to MCO. The bus was over half full. All went smoothly!

Just fyi, I had trouble with my reservation request on line. I repeatedly received the error that MCO (that was filled in by the system) was an invalid airport. I gave up and tried again today and it went thru fine.

We had a super easy and very good experience on Mears Connect. Stayed at B Resort in Disney Springs. We waited 10 minutes in the van to leave, we were the 1st stop. 9:30am flight home. 6:30 pickup time, they were at the hotel by 6:15, but waited for us to get downstairs and checked out.

Using them was thankfully easy going; getting to and from the hotel was pretty straightforward.

My Southwest Arriving and Departing flights had their times changed. Should I manually update this on their website or will they see it and update it automatically?

My Southwest Arriving and Departing flights had their times changed. Should I manually update this on their website or will they see it and update it automatically?
If the flight numbers are the same, you’re fine. Their system knows if the times have changed.

If it were me personally and my trip home was changed by more than an hour, I would contact them to ensure we're not going to be picked up too early/too late.

Website couldn't find my flights so I called (only a 9-minute wait time) and it appears the Southwest flights can't be seen by Mears. I think these were newly created flights that consolidated mine and another and are not yet loaded into their system. She told me to call back a week out and they can check again. She also said it's not a big deal for my arrival flight because it's still on the same day and the QR code they send via e-mail is good for 48-hours. The departing flight will be the issue since they need to schedule a pick up time but she said they may be able to manually fix that closer to the dates (04/04-04/11)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter