Mears Connect and Sunshine Flyer Merging

Our team has some exciting news to share that will affect your upcoming trip to Disney: today, Mears Connect and Sunshine Flyer announced that we are merging to provide exceptional guest transportation from Orlando International Airport to Walt Disney World® Resorts.

United under the new name, Mears Connect Driven by Sunshine, guests can enjoy the following:

• 24/7 service
  • Express service
  • Pickup from terminals A, B, and C
While Mears Connect Driven by Sunshine will no longer offer train-themed transportation, guests can anticipate enhanced operations including shorter wait times at the airport/resorts and faster transportation.

I just hope they keep the fun busses of the sunshine flyer
I have the exact opposite opinion! The exterior (I've never been inside) of the SF buses reminds me of something I'd rather not be reminded of ever, not just at WDW.

Been waiting for Sunshine Flyer September schedule also…now I’m planning on using Uber/Lyft round trip to AKL.

Idk how I feel about this. Sunshine flyer was supported by Academy Bus. Academy runs the buses for the college program. I thought SF was just starting to get in their groove and expanding. On a recent Saturday trip, they were slammed with passengers.

This sucks. Mears is on my sh*tlist at the moment after a truly terrible experience a few months back and I was planning to book with Sunshine Flyer for our upcoming trip. Now I find myself very reluctant to book with the new merged company. I just can't stand the idea of giving more money to Mears after the terrible service and the way we were treated by their customer service. Anyone know of any other services in the area that aren't going to cost us an arm and a leg? Lyft/Uber don't really work for us bc we need car seats.

Blergh. We're due to use Sunshine Flyer right after the merge. I kind of saw this coming but now I'm trying to figure out of it's worth the potential hassle that could still be happening as they work out logistics. We had a great experience with Sunshine Flyer last summer.
I'm not so worried about leaving the airport- whatever, we come in early afternoon and if there are glitches we just wait or worst case figure out another mode, we have no plans that evening so at most an annoyance. But I'll be honest, heading back to the airport makes me nervous with some of the Mears reviews I've read and everything being brand new logistically.

Blergh. We're due to use Sunshine Flyer right after the merge. I kind of saw this coming but now I'm trying to figure out of it's worth the potential hassle that could still be happening as they work out logistics. We had a great experience with Sunshine Flyer last summer.
I'm not so worried about leaving the airport- whatever, we come in early afternoon and if there are glitches we just wait or worst case figure out another mode, we have no plans that evening so at most an annoyance. But I'll be honest, heading back to the airport makes me nervous with some of the Mears reviews I've read and everything being brand new logistically.

Return trip was the problem with us with Mears on our last trip. We had been standing there waiting for the bus for about half an hour (it was 15 minutes late) and when it pulled up, it waited TWO MINUTES before leaving again. We did not have time to board it and it pulled away as we watched. I called customer service and they told me we were marked as no-shows. There were at least 20 people standing around out front of the resort. They did not send the bus back or offer any solution. We were left to figure out last minute transportation so we could make our flight with our two young kids. And after the fact, customer service confirmed that the bus only stopped for less than two minutes, and acted like that was not a problem, blamed US, and acted like they were doing us a favor for refunding the money for the return trip. No apology, nothing. After some research I've found that this is a known issue, and that sometimes there is a specific spot for pick-up, like a certain bench or area that you're supposed to be at. However, if that's the case, no one ever told us about it. I checked and double checked all the emails to make sure I didn't miss anything, but no such thing was ever communicated.

I am very very reluctant to use them again, but unless we want to spend double for a private service it feels like we don't have a choice now.

I have the exact opposite opinion! The exterior (I've never been inside) of the SF buses reminds me of something I'd rather not be reminded of ever, not just at WDW.
The article mentioned the train theme is going away. I have to admit, I liked it.

Where will the pick up spot be at? Where Mears is or where Sunshine is? (Important for those of us with mobility issues/travel with a wheelchair.)

I was wondering how they would both remain in business and be profitable. We have taken Mears a few times (as well as my adult kids) and always only a few people on the bus. I guess the other few were on the Sunshine bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter