• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mears Communication Question?

Adora

DIS Veteran
How does Mears (bus) communicate what time they are going to pick you up from the resort? I am hoping to not turn on my cellular (data and text) until check out day. (from out of country and cost) But if they are going to send me a text the day before I will make sure it's on.

Copied from my email confirmation.
  • You will receive an email and SMS notification 23 hours in advance of your arrival/departure flight time.
    • In this you will receive your QR code that will allow you entry to our reception area, upon arrival and for your departure transportation.
  • You will also receive another notification 15 minutes prior to your departure time from your resort.
    • We will resend your QR code, for handy convenience.

There should be an estimated time on your confirmation you receive when you booked. Granted, that could change I guess, so I'd be prepared to be there a little earlier...

Of course, I would as well. Given the reports of busses pulling up to pick someone up and people not being there, I have to wonder how many people got used to DME being on the late side when picking you up and figured it was the same thing - not there early or even on time and the bus comes, checks, and leaves.

I'm booked on Mears and was contemplating changing to the train bus, but then they put their "kids travel free" thing in and figure I'll stick with Mears for maybe a slightly calmer experience. :P

I've seen the estimated pickup time on there when I book it, and then they send an email confirming it the day before departure. Definitely be there early. It was recommended to be early with DME too

In my recent experience they sent an email the day before. They were super communicative the day of too - they texted me a link to track where my driver was and even texted me when he arrived.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter