Meals on 3rd birthday - still free?

Aimeedyan

DIS Veteran
If your child is 2 on arrival, they are considered 2 for the stay in regards to tickets. But I can't figure out what happens with dining...

We will be there on his actual 3rd birthday and since the days of free character meals will soon be gone, we were going to go all out and do several this trip. Then it dawned on me - they may charge me on his actual birthday and blow my plan (and my budget!) :scared:

Anyone know if dining is considered the same as ticketing in regards to birthdays?

We paid for our 3 year and 1 week old son on our trip last month. I don't recall anyone ever asking his age although I think his birthday is listed in his MDE profile. When making ADRs, they just ask for party size (and you need to include everyone including infants due to fire codes). On the trip, I always did mobile checkin which asked for number of adults and children. I don't recall whether they asked for ages but I know I checked in for 4 adults, 1 child, with 1 high chair requested. We also mentioned it was a trip for his birthday and the waiters sometimes brought a mini-cupcake or other treat to him for dessert.

I don't know if there's an official policy (or what it is) but if you want to pass him off as 2 for the entire trip, I would probably skip any birthday celebrations to avoid questions.

Back in 2015, my youngest DD turned 3 in the middle of our trip and she was still considered as a 2yo until the end at character meals. She would often get a cupcake and a card signed by the characters present at the meal. Hopefully, the policy has not changed!

Back in 2015, my youngest DD turned 3 in the middle of our trip and she was still considered as a 2yo until the end at character meals. She would often get a cupcake and a card signed by the characters present at the meal. Hopefully, the policy has not changed!
As far as I know thesis still the case- Im taking my soon to be 3 year old daughter in December, and I talked to a cast member who said shes 2 for the trip as long as the first day that they are there, that they are still 2. Miss Thea turns 3 the second day so we're golden!

We paid for our 3 year and 1 week old son on our trip last month. I don't recall anyone ever asking his age although I think his birthday is listed in his MDE profile. When making ADRs, they just ask for party size (and you need to include everyone including infants due to fire codes). On the trip, I always did mobile checkin which asked for number of adults and children. I don't recall whether they asked for ages but I know I checked in for 4 adults, 1 child, with 1 high chair requested. We also mentioned it was a trip for his birthday and the waiters sometimes brought a mini-cupcake or other treat to him for dessert.

I don't know if there's an official policy (or what it is) but if you want to pass him off as 2 for the entire trip, I would probably skip any birthday celebrations to avoid questions.
It depends on the age of the child at the beginning of the trip. If the child is 2 at the start of the trip, that’s the age that’s used for the entirety of the trip. If the child is already 3, that’s a different story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter