• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Meals at the park

Lostdutchman

Earning My Ears
So for our arrival night (not in the parks) we will probably hit taqueria Joes or something at DTD. Sunday night after DCA for drinks and food we will hit Trader Sams and Monday for anniversary dinner at Steakhouse 55 and Tuesday a dinner Fantasmic package..either BB or RBT.

I keep hearing carnation cafe is good as well as plaza in. What’s a good lunch place to the parks during the day?

Corn dog!!!!

We ate at the jazz kitchen today. Great portions, wife and I shared a sandwhich and a salad. Was about $25 total with tip. Going back tonight for the beneights or however you spell them. They are much better than the ones served in the park.

Carnation Cafe is great! Love the chicken fried chicken! We also love Cafe Orleans for a Monte Cristo.

I like Rancho Del Zocalo, Lucky Fortune Cookery, Pacific Wharf, Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta as well as a corndog anywhere in the park.

We enjoy Carnation Cafe, Cafe Orleans, and Bengal BBQ for lunches in Disneyland. We are headed to Disneyland tonight to eat at Cafe Orleans. Their pomme frites (garlic fries) are delicious!

In DCA we like the Golden Vinery for wine and charcuterie; definitely enough for a meal and its very relaxing. The wharf has some good options; we like the Mexican food as well as the bakery; the Chinese food falls flat. Ghirardelli makes a mean sundae too! Their banana spilt is easily big enough to share between 2-3 ppl.

We always do breakfast at Carnation Cafe. My grandkids love the Mickey waffles. But reservations are definitely needed.

For lunch, we like to go to the Golden Horseshoe at least once.
Along with the normal stuff they have some lighter options (crispy chicken salad is very good). Check the entertainment schedule and you can be there during a show if you like. (Although the show isn't what it used to be).

If you decide on the Carnation Cafe, make sure you make a reservation no matter what meal it is. I know some people have luck walking up, but every time I have eaten there this year while we are waiting to be seated we see group after group get turned away because they are not taking walk ups.

I do a fair amount of table service had always passed over Carnation Cafe for some reason....never really gave it much thought.

...until one trip it was the only reservation open, so we took it. Not sure why we missed it all theses trips, it is now one of my favorite places to get a real meal!

We enjoy carnation cafe and plaza inn. Both have large portions. We are pretty big eaters & split two meals among 3 adults, with leftovers.

Plaza Inn and Bengal BBQ are my two go to places. Hungry Bear used to be on my list until they did away with the fried green tomato sandwich.

My family likes both Carnation Cafe and the Plaza Inn, along with Cafe Orleans and the French Market in DL. Carnation Cafe and Cafe Orleans are TS locations, while Plaza Inn and French Market are both counter service. I second the recommendation to make a reservation if you know you want to eat at a specific TS location and/or at a specific time. While walk-ups are possible (except at Blue Bayou), the wait can often be fairly lengthy (>45 minutes for a party of four).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter