Meal stops on 5 between SF and Disneyland

Wallrat

Earning My Ears
What are the favorite meal stops off of 5? My kids absolutely hate fast food. We've obviously taken too many road trips. Are there alternatives on 5?

Bravo Farm looks great. I've done the Harris Ranch stop a few times but the wait is prohibitive. I'll give Bravo a chance the next time. Thanks.

It may sound boring, but stopping at Denny's has become our I-5 tradition. It's cheap, quick and predictable. We usually stop at the one in Lost Hills. If we're not hungry yet, there's another one just before the Grapevine. We are also not fast food people. We figure we're going to eat enough expensive meals once we get to Anaheim, so we go cheap and easy on the road.

I agree with Luv Bunnies. Denny's is cheap, filling, fast, and usually pretty tasty.

We usually pack a lunch to save time, but try to put nice things (finger foods) in rather than just sammies and chips to make it a little 'special'. We don't travel with kids so don't need those 'burn off that energy' stops.

If you need a stop after the Grapevine, Valencia/Santa Clarita has a lot of options. They are not directly off the 5 but within like 5-15 mins depending on where you go.

We have :
Red Robin
Olive Garden
Jersey Mikes
Cheesecake Factory
Sisly Italian (valencia town center mall)
BJs brewhouse (valencia town center mall)
Johnny Rockets (Valencia town center mall)
Stone fire Grill (this is probably the furthest from the 5)
Black Angus
Buca
California Pizza kitchen
California Fish Grill (Valencia mall -- patios)
Lazy Dog (Valencia mall - patios)
Lucile's Smokehouse BBQ (Valencia mall -- patios)
Saddle Ranch Chop Shop (Valencia mall)
Hook Burger
Habit
Islands

If you go to the mall, it's about 10 mins or so from the 5 depending on which exit you get off at. But that area gives you the best choices and a good variety.

We are more the type of travelers....it’s all about the destination not the journey. I guess especially when driving up and down I5, lol. We usually are trying to minimize stops and driving time. We’ve ordered pizza and salad online from Pieology on the north side of the Grapevine. We walk in , use the bathroom, grab our food and we’re on our way again. Something different when you’re tired of the drive-thru places but short on time.

All the fast food places at Grapevine, or Harris Ranch if you have time for a 90 minute meal.....

Harris Ranch has a BBQ fast food-type option attached to a gas station. Not sit-down, but very tasty! And it's right off of I-5.

Black Bear Diner at the Tejon Outlets is a great sit-down stop. I wouldn't eat there at home, but on a road trip it's more than fine.

We've been doing similar to Whistlebee. We order a Starbucks lunch from my phone, stop in, use the bathroom, grab the food, and go. We are usually stopped for 15 minutes, so it's super fast. We don't much like traditional fast food either.

Bravo farms. The food is tasty and the kids have somewhere to play and run around-there’s a fake western town in the back the kids can go in and out of and play.

I second both Harris Ranch and Bravo Farms for more northernly I-5 stops. Our regular stop and the half-way point for us is Fort Tejon right before the grapevine (about 1.5 - 2 hours from Disneyland). Starbucks on both sides, In & Out (generally the only fast food we do) on the west side along with Chipotle, Panda Express, a yogurt place and lots more. Also a Pieology on the east side which is so good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter