meal reservations

kaygela

<font color=coral>was having a blond moment at the
We'll be at DLP the last week of April. Do I need to make meal reservations in advance or can we do them when we arrive. I wouldn't dream of going to WDW without prior reservations but I don't know if it's as necessary at DLP since this is our first time there and I don't know how busy it is this time of year. :confused3

I would make them when you get there, either at the restaurant itself or through your hotel's concierge desk. There's no great need to do them waaaay in advance, but if you don't make any reservations at all, you may well have to wait a while for a table.

Example - last time we dined at the Steakhouse in Disney Village and booked a table that morning for a 7pm meal with no problem. However, when went back there to eat, the couple queuing in front of us (who hadn't booked) was told that the next available table would be 9pm!

Hi! :flower: Iam also going the last week in April...22nd to the 24th!
From what I've read on here reservations arent needed much in advance ai DLP. The actual day you arrive would probably be fine.
But, I figured it can't hurt to make a booking now especially if you defo know which restaurant you want...So I have booked thru the number in the Dlp brochure Inventions restaurant for the saturday night.
However I WILL be checking this when I arrive and Iam leaving booking a restaurant for the evening of our arrival till we get there as we are not sure what time we will want to eat.
Do you a particular restaurant in mind? :banana:

tallym said:
Hi! :flower: Iam also going the last week in April...22nd to the 24th!
From what I've read on here reservations arent needed much in advance ai DLP. The actual day you arrive would probably be fine.
But, I figured it can't hurt to make a booking now especially if you defo know which restaurant you want...So I have booked thru the number in the Dlp brochure Inventions restaurant for the saturday night.
However I WILL be checking this when I arrive and Iam leaving booking a restaurant for the evening of our arrival till we get there as we are not sure what time we will want to eat.
Do you a particular restaurant in mind? :banana:

I was thinking of Walts and I am open to any suggestions. :cool1:

Walts is a nice restaurants :)
As stated, you can probably leave bookings until you arrive.

Reid

:goodvibes I was just reading about Auberge de Cendrillon and that looks wonderful. Do they have kid friendly things on the menu? My 9 yr old eats very few things but I am always safe with pasta. Even plain w/butter would keep him happy. The ambience of this restaurant would really appeal to him (he loves Cinderella) and I think the rest of us would enjoy the meal.

They do have a kids menu at Auberge de Cendrillon. I've dug it out (we kept the kids one) and it's the usual: pasta (in tomato sauce), hot dog and a chicken breast. This was 15 months ago but I'm sure they will still have stuff to appeal to kids.

We had a fabulous meal here - the food was great and the surroundings / ambiance wonderful!

I love Auberge de Cendrillon. It's lovely. My favorite restaurant in the park.

Check out:
http://www.dlpfoodguide.com/aubergedecendrillon.html
Click on the "Menu" link at the top. At the bottom of the dinner listings, they list the Children's menu.

I made some reservations before we left, but it turned out not to be necessary. (Ironically, I've never made a WDW reservation before leaving, but that's another story, I guess!) If there's a particular meal that you must have at a particular time, it can't hurt, though.

Thanks for the link....it looks yummy. Gee, I would go just for the cinderella slipper. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter