ME question for two flights

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
Before we go on our cruise, I am spending 4 days in Pensacola with my daughter's family. So on the day before we sail, I will be flying from Pensacola to Orlando. My husband will be flying from Detroit to Orlando on the same day. I have found flights where we arrive within a half hour or so of each other. Then we are going to WDW to spend one night at Copper Creek.
For our magical express reservation, should I just put down his flight number and information for both of us? Whoever gets there first is just going to wait in the Delta terminal (or down by ME) for the other person. Or should I go ahead and put down the different flight information for each of us.

Might as well put down both flight infos. This way, if one flight is delayed, they know to expect you in two groups (in case the early arrival group heads to the resort to wait instead.).

It totally does not matter what flights you use or even IF you list flights at all.
DME will not be sending out search parties to find you. They won't even care if you show up at all. They only ask for flight info to give them a very rough idea of how many people will be arriving on a given day and the general distribution. That allows them to have enough buses and driver to meet the demand. You are under no obligation to get to MDE within X minutes of landing. You can show up anytime from the day your reservation begins through the day of checkout and still use MDE.

Don't worry about it. It doesn't matter. Really.

Steve

It totally does not matter what flights you use or even IF you list flights at all.
DME will not be sending out search parties to find you. They won't even care if you show up at all. They only ask for flight info to give them a very rough idea of how many people will be arriving on a given day and the general distribution. That allows them to have enough buses and driver to meet the demand. You are under no obligation to get to MDE within X minutes of landing. You can show up anytime from the day your reservation begins through the day of checkout and still use MDE.

Don't worry about it. It doesn't matter. Really.

Steve
Well, I think the one exception could be as noted above. If everyone is listed as the same flight, they will assume the entire party is arriving together. If listed as two separate flights, they will assume arriving separately. It might take a little more work at DME check in if they are listed on the same flight, and they wind up taking separate busses (hence splitting the group there).

Well, I think the one exception could be as noted above. If everyone is listed as the same flight, they will assume the entire party is arriving together. If listed as two separate flights, they will assume arriving separately. It might take a little more work at DME check in if they are listed on the same flight, and they wind up taking separate busses (hence splitting the group there).

Nope that's isn't how it works, DME doesn't keep track of who is arriving or when and the CM has no idea what flight you came in on or from where. (In fact you can use DME even if you don't arrive by plane). You just check in when you arrive and they put you on the next available bus to that resort regardless of the number of people in your party/reservation.

They don't want to be worried about flight delays, cancelations and such so they just check you in when you arrive. We were once offered free flights on an oversold flight - 2 of us were able to take it and arrived a few hours later - the rest took the original fight, no DME issues for either party.

OP - your choice, its pretty easy to fill out the online form and then add a party with additional flight information. If your calling I would just use the flight that arrives first and book based on that flight number.

Nope that's isn't how it works, DME doesn't keep track of who is arriving or when and the CM has no idea what flight you came in on or from where. (In fact you can use DME even if you don't arrive by plane). You just check in when you arrive and they put you on the next available bus to that resort regardless of the number of people in your party/reservation.

They don't want to be worried about flight delays, cancelations and such so they just check you in when you arrive. We were once offered free flights on an oversold flight - 2 of us were able to take it and arrived a few hours later - the rest took the original fight, no DME issues for either party.

OP - your choice, its pretty easy to fill out the online form and then add a party with additional flight information. If your calling I would just use the flight that arrives first and book based on that flight number.
When we took DME last year, at check in, they scanned by band, saw there was a group of five, asked if we were all there, and we all got on line. So, it would have taken a bit longer for them to check off who in the reservation was there, and who wasn't.

Not a big deal, obviously, but it would have created a small extra step.

When we took DME last year, at check in, they scanned by band, saw there was a group of five, asked if we were all there, and we all got on line. So, it would have taken a bit longer for them to check off who in the reservation was there, and who wasn't.

Not a big deal, obviously, but it would have created a small extra step.

Right - I see what you mean now and it happens to us all the time. I have family lives in FL and although I never book them on DME somehow they always ask where they are. Takes no extra time to just say xx and xx are here now, x is coming later and x x and are driving and not using DME.

This is going to happen regardless of how the OP makes her reservation though so as folks have said it really doesn't matter. As long as the OP has a DME reservation for everyone needing DME on the day they want to ride it all will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter