ME and cancelled flights

PolyAddict

DIS Veteran
If you get to the airport and flight gets cancelled and you need to spend another night, can you take ME back to resort? If so, do you just go back to the area and talk to an agent?

Thanks

if you are staying at Disney call Magical Express and book a bus. If staying elsewhere I don't think you can do it. I think it has to be the day you leave Disney. You could take ME to the airport and then stay at that hotel another night.

If you get to the airport and flight gets cancelled and you need to spend another night, can you take ME back to resort? If so, do you just go back to the area and talk to an agent?

Thanks

If the additional night will be at a Disney resort, then yes, you'll be entitled to another trip based on having another resort reservation. You'd need to have that extra night booked first, though. Once it's booked, just go back down to the DME desk and talk to the agent there. They'll get you all set up.

Steve

Oh I totally misread what you said. Yes if you book another night at Disney you can take ME to and from the new hotel stay. Just go to the ME desk and tell them after you book the new hotel stay

Thanks

Yes, you absolutely can! We did this in February. We were already through security when our flight got delayed until the next day. It was easy to pull out my iPad and book a room for that night. We chose a POR Royal Room just for fun. Then we walked back down to ME, showed them the new reservation, and got in line. While in line, we called Magical Express to schedule our return trip for the next morning. They asked us to stop by the front desk of the resort to have our return transportation notice printed out, so we could have it for the bus driver in the morning.

FWIW, I was able to get an AP rate at POR even at that short notice. We got back to Disney in time to grab a quick dinner at the food court then take the boat to DD for more shopping and a sundae at Ghirardelli. For an unexpected travel delay, it ended up being a lot of fun!

Last edited:
Yes, you absolutely can! We did this in February. We were already through security when our flight got delayed until the next day. It was easy to pull out my iPad and book a room for that night. We chose a POR Royal Room just for fun. Then we walked back down to ME, showed them the new reservation, and got in line. While in line, we called Magical Express to schedule our return trip for the next morning. They asked us to stop by the front desk of the resort to have our return transportation notice printed out, so we could have it for the bus driver in the morning.

FWIW, I was able to get an AP rate at POR even at that short notice. We got back to Disney in time to grab a quick dinner at the food court then take the boat to DD for more shopping and a sundae at Ghirardelli. For an unexpected travel delay, it ended up being a lot of fun!
Sounds like a great night!

Thanks
If it's a totally new reservation, then you're entitled to ME service from the airport to your resort and should be able to set it up on the spot. If there is some way to add a night to an already-completed resort reservation, which I'm not aware of, then I recommend just asking at the time of rescheduling. But I don't see why not. You'd still be a resort guest going from the airport to the resort, and there is no shortage of buses. It's simply decent customer service for them to give you a ride in that circumstance.

Of course if you get another reservation at WDW - though I doubt many would do that unless the delay was going to be long. Hopefully you get out early the enxt day and go home.

If you are going back to WDW - then sure. At this point, you are a brand new guest and it has NOTHING to do with your previous stay.

And, at that point you can not EXTEND your previous reservation - you already left/checked out and are no longer a guest there. And, not that it matters, but somebody else is already in your room - LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter