• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MDE - wrong age

123SA

DIS Veteran
Somehow when I created MDE account for my teenagers - -so we can all use our phones instead of magic bands (which I already don't like) - my sons' ages One went from 15 to 31, the other from 18 to 25. I have no idea how the birthdates were changed.

WHen I go into his account, I can't see a way to change the birthdates.

Do I have to call Disney IT to fix this?

Thanks for your help.

Log onto the Disney web site. Go to your friends and family. You can edit the information there including birth dates. This should update the age.

WHen I go into his account, I can't see a way to change the birthdates.

Do I have to call Disney IT to fix this?
Yes, you will need to call to get the birthdates corrected.

Log onto the Disney web site. Go to your friends and family. You can edit the information there including birth dates. This should update the age.
The OP created separate MDE accounts, not profiles for the kids. Only Disney tech support can change the dates.

Yes, you will need to call to get the birthdates corrected.

The OP created separate MDE accounts, not profiles for the kids. Only Disney tech support can change the dates.

Ah, sorry about that then. Never did that and just assumed you would be able to one way or the other.

THanks for your replies. Yes, it the second scenario -- they had profiles with the right dates, but when I made MDE account the dates were changed. But now that I am thinking more about it...both kids had a disney account already that we forgot about...I suspect that we had put in fake adult dates at some point so they didn't have to get permission from me for games or movies.

I am so not looking forward to untangling this.

I had to do this for my daughter. It was a very easy phone call to fix. We, too, had put in a fake adult date at some point for some reason and then needed it changed to the correct date so I wasn't charged for 3 adults in our room.

THanks for your replies. Yes, it the second scenario -- they had profiles with the right dates, but when I made MDE account the dates were changed. But now that I am thinking more about it...both kids had a disney account already that we forgot about...I suspect that we had put in fake adult dates at some point so they didn't have to get permission from me for games or movies.

I am so not looking forward to untangling this.
Oh what a tangled web we weave... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter