MDE today OMG urgggggggggggggh/Nov 4-6, and 9-10

I was able to access the website using Google Chrome at work and printed everything out. Still can’t here at home.

I was able to access the website using Google Chrome at work and printed everything out. Still can’t here at home.

Glad you got a hard copy. I did same during our recent trip. Mde behaved for me during the trip. Hope you all have same luck.

Gahhh. I hate hearing these stories. Just came back in March of this year..MDE worked fine. Planning on going back next year around December. Think they'll have this hot mess worked out in a year? Good Goofy!!

Yes.
They'll be on to the next hot mess by then.
:duck:
Hi! I’m on my way home after spending the day at MK. I’ve been here since 10/28. I plan to post a thread later about my trip, but pertaining to this thread here’s my experience: the app is crap right now, and even if it was working their wifi is terrible. I literally sat outside SDMT and watched it go in out in out constantly. Anyway, at my hotel I was able to switch things up. We pretty much changed about half our trip, mostly because we got more done than we expected. WiFi is best inside the shops. I have motion sickness so while they were riding something I couldn’t I spent my time refreshing for FPS. Walking around or sitting outside you needed your own hotspot to access the app consistently. I did talk to someone today who said they were unable to get any FPS while at the park but that wasn’t the case for me. I feel it was because I had a strong signal being inside an attraction or store. Also our FPS and other plans kept constantly messing up in the MDE app (missing, double, canceled plans showing up, etc) I had screen shots and print outs but didn’t need them because everything worked fine on the MB. I know it is kind of unnerving when you look at your plans and FOP is no longer there but it’s really still there, it’s just the app. Other than trying to switch things up on the fly, you (your plans) should be fine. Just stick near stores, attractions and restaurants for a strong signal.

Hi! I’m on my way home after spending the day at MK. I’ve been here since 10/28. I plan to post a thread later about my trip, but pertaining to this thread here’s my experience: the app is crap right now, and even if it was working their wifi is terrible. I literally sat outside SDMT and watched it go in out in out constantly. Anyway, at my hotel I was able to switch things up. We pretty much changed about half our trip, mostly because we got more done than we expected. WiFi is best inside the shops. I have motion sickness so while they were riding something I couldn’t I spent my time refreshing for FPS. Walking around or sitting outside you needed your own hotspot to access the app consistently. I did talk to someone today who said they were unable to get any FPS while at the park but that wasn’t the case for me. I feel it was because I had a strong signal being inside an attraction or store. Also our FPS and other plans kept constantly messing up in the MDE app (missing, double, canceled plans showing up, etc) I had screen shots and print outs but didn’t need them because everything worked fine on the MB. I know it is kind of unnerving when you look at your plans and FOP is no longer there but it’s really still there, it’s just the app. Other than trying to switch things up on the fly, you (your plans) should be fine. Just stick near stores, attractions and restaurants for a strong signal.
Good info! Thanks!

Still haven't received our Magic Bands and we arrive in 12 days. When I originally saved them, it said make the selection by October 11 and now that date says Nov. 11....so I think there is a major glitch somewhere.

Still haven't received our Magic Bands and we arrive in 12 days. When I originally saved them, it said make the selection by October 11 and now that date says Nov. 11....so I think there is a major glitch somewhere.
Have you called them? We arrive on Thanksgiving and have already received our magic bands

When you look at the site does it say the bands were shipped? I received mine roughly two weeks ago and we will be there the same time frame. I would call and make sure.

We're here now, and things have mostly been working for me since the website came back up Saturday night. The app and the website have both had a few minutes here and there of being laggy or down, but nothing I'd consider unreasonable. (I don't know if this makes a difference vs others who are here now, but I'm not using park wifi. I use my data plan if there's no secure wifi available. Of course the app won't work when I'm someplace with a weak connection, but at least I can tell that's what's going on when it happens.)

Just another vote for "Yes, having MDE issues for the past couple of days." Frustrating. Our 30-day mark for vacation is tomorrow, but luckily not arriving on property until the 8th, so that buys us another couple of days.

But we were really hoping to finalize some ADRs and FPs and decide on tours this last weekend.

Just waiting.... :rolleyes1

(yes, we could call but that actually requires coordination as we're on the west coast with different work schedules) o_O

DH is almost ready to cancel the trip and book something else instead :worried:

Have had best luck using Google Chrome. If you get some strange error message, I just click the 'sign out' option at the top of the Disney page and log back in, generally that fixes the issue. Sometimes when I get the 'site is down' message, I just click the refresh button and it starts working fine.

I do not mess with deleting cookies/cache since that impacts ALL other websites you use and resetting all of them is a HUGE pain. Disney's website seems far more unstable that virtually any other online site I use.
No it doesn't. Super easy to just delete the Disney cookies

I really feel for those who are trying to do their ADRs and/or fast passes. What about those who paid extra for fast passes? I am sure they are not pleased either.

Drop the fast pass system, go with a express pass, much easier and less hassle.
Those who buy FP via the CL stay aren't impacted by MDE issues. They can't make or change them without calling the CL CM. They do nothing with them via MDE

I turn off WiFi while at Disney. It works less than 10% of the time. We just use our data plan. That works.

It depends on the browser. Some are all cookies at once with no option to choose individually.
I had no idea. I use Chrome, Edge, Safari and Firefox and can delete just Disney cookies in all of those.

I have been having trouble since Friday and my Fastpass window opens tomorrow morning. I called yesterday and was told about the "magical enhancements" but that doesn't really help when I am stressing out about getting Fastpasses to FOP and Slinky Dog Dash. When it still wasn't working this morning I called again and was given a IT ticket number. Both days I was told that I could always call to make my Fastpasses but considering I spent half an hour this morning on hold, I'm not counting on using that method to get what I want. The good news is that it seems to be working for me now, I was able to change a couple of ADRs so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will still work tomorrow morning.

According to MDE today I've made no plans. That's news to me. UGH.
My resort reservations, dining reservations and FP's are gone. Hopefully they will all reappear when the very clever folks that run MDE turn it on today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter