MDE today OMG urgggggggggggggh/Nov 4-6, and 9-10

Still down, very disappointing. When it was down when I was booking my fast passes I asked Disney to do something since I missed a week of being able to book my fast passes and I was unable to get a few because of the issues. Got nothing. This is our last trip to Disney, we are already starting to formulate our Universal Studios trip.

Still down, very disappointing. When it was down when I was booking my fast passes I asked Disney to do something since I missed a week of being able to book my fast passes and I was unable to get a few because of the issues. Got nothing. This is our last trip to Disney, we are already starting to formulate our Universal Studios trip.

I was able to access early this morning - now - stinkin error message again - using three browsers - logged in and out - cleared cache - same ol routine - once again, not a browser issue - this "enhanced" mde is horrendous!

It was playing up for me when I got to our Fastpass booking day. This was just over a month ago.

It was so brutal, that by the time I had completed all the plans I wanted to make it has totally put me off booking another holiday at WDW in the future. Our holiday better be AMAZING or this will have put me off for a very long time from going through this again.

Last edited:
It was playing up for me when it got to our Fastpass booking day. This was just over a month ago.

It was so brutal, that by the time I had completed all the plans I wanted to make it has totally booking another holiday at WDW in the future. Our holiday better be AMAZING or this will have put me off for a very long time from going through this again.

I had re-arrange our trip just to get one fast pass and try to fit in early extra magic hours because I could not get a fast pass I wanted. That is insane. Last trip to Disney, I rather pay the extra for a express pass at Universal.

I called tech support a little while ago because I started getting the "Please come back later..." message yesterday at home and it persisted on a different computer at work today. The guy confirmed that they were making some "magical enhancements" to the system and it caused some issues. He said they're working on fixing it. It made me feel slightly better that it isn't just me however the "enhancements" to accommodate the newer ticket scheme made it so I could only see my plans if my browser was in incognito mode. That lasted over a month and now even incognito mode doesn't work. Very Frustrating!!

I called tech support a little while ago because I started getting the "Please come back later..." message yesterday at home and it persisted on a different computer at work today. The guy confirmed that they were making some "magical enhancements" to the system and it caused some issues. He said they're working on fixing it. It made me feel slightly better that it isn't just me however the "enhancements" to accommodate the newer ticket scheme made it so I could only see my plans if my browser was in incognito mode. That lasted over a month and now even incognito mode doesn't work. Very Frustrating!!

They should really refrain from using the word magical when discussing MDE outages. It invites (demands, even) sarcasm which is not allowed on the Disboards.

I’ve been trying to fix some problems with my ADRs and haven’t been allowed in all day from two different browsers and the app. :badpc:

Thanks for the update ! I managed (after refreshing around 100x ) to access my plans (safari/web) - this time I printed it out - went back in (or tried) a little while later (using THREE different browsers) and now getting the "please come back later" - Also a message while searching for dining ADRS - error message stating reservations could not be made online at this time - what a mess !

Trying to look at the AP special for the spring, and either I can't get it to open at all, or when I search I get a had to Duck Out message. Grrr.

Trying to look at the AP special for the spring, and either I can't get it to open at all, or when I search I get a had to Duck Out message. Grrr.

Don't worry - Disney IT is on top of it !
chasing-tail-1.gif

I'm getting a message saying you can't book dining online at all right now in the app and on a computer (I figured trying the other was worth a shot, lol!).

It's most definitely costing them money. I was toying with the idea of upgrading a hotel stay over the weekend - but couldn't access my account or do much of anything. Although I could've gotten on the phone, the whole thing was on an impulse anyway and not worth the hassle just to spend more money (and have the additional concern about whether the system was going to accurately capture any updates). Not to give Disney any ideas, but for all the upcharges, one that I'd pay extra for is an app and website that actually work. MDE has almost been unusuable the last couple of trips.

My plans have been unavailable on the website the last couple of days. The app was down earlier, but back up (at least for now). I'm somewhat desensitized to it and plan around it - but that's not most people (who may not know or have that option). If you're going to promote vacation packages that encourage extensive pre-planning and reservations months in advance (as well as in-park flexibility), you really do need a system that doesn't seem to have significant failures at least every other month.

We've decided to switch hotels for our end of March 2019 trip. Was able to book the three new reservations early this morning using the spring AP discount. Then a couple hours later I was able to cancel two of the old reservations but not the third. So incredibly frustrating.

They should really refrain from using the word magical when discussing MDE outages. It invites (demands, even) sarcasm which is not allowed on the Disboards.

I’ve been trying to fix some problems with my ADRs and haven’t been allowed in all day from two different browsers and the app. :badpc:

You are right this mess does foment sarcasm. I am certainly an offender and I sincerely apologize to my fellow posters, but not to Disney.

I just clicked into the app last night and it somehow cancelled one of my adrs. Luckily I was able to get it back with the exact time.

I really feel for those who are trying to do their ADRs and/or fast passes. What about those who paid extra for fast passes? I am sure they are not pleased either.

Drop the fast pass system, go with a express pass, much easier and less hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter