MDE Spin-Off Procedure for Dummies

Ariel Wanna-be

“And when my time is up, have I done enough?”
Hi, this will be DH's first trip since Genie+ was a thing. For all of our previous trips, I've managed his FastPasses (RIP) through my MDE...he was one of my "friends and family." For our upcoming trip, I'd like for him to have his own MDE account on his phone (with me added as a friend-and-family), so that he can try for a LL$ while I try for a boarding group (yes, I know we can log into the same account on different phones but I'd rather have different accounts for simplicity's sake).

When DS and I went a few weeks ago, we managed to spin off his profile into his own account, but I can't recall what steps we actually followed. I know that the first step will be for DH to create his own account, but how do I transfer all the things (hotel, tickets, dining reservations, etc.) from "my" account for him to his new account?

Just reread the above and it sounds terribly confusing...this situation is hard to articulate on a message board, lol.

Any advice?

I know - I have to open my MDE app in order to answer these questions!

After he creates his MDE account, you need to open your MDE app. Click the 3 lines in the lower right, then scroll down to My Profile and click there. Click on Family & Friends List, then on his name. You'll see two options to Connect with This Guest - either send an email to the address he used to set up his MDE, or scan the linking code that he will find under My Profile in his MDE account. Done! But if you have problems, call the IT folks at 407-939-4357 and they'll help you.

As shared above, Both logging into the same account is by far the easiest thing to do. To obtain LL and ILL$ there is nothing gained by creating a MDE profile for your husband.

Hi, this will be DH's first trip since Genie+ was a thing. For all of our previous trips, I've managed his FastPasses (RIP) through my MDE...he was one of my "friends and family." For our upcoming trip, I'd like for him to have his own MDE account on his phone (with me added as a friend-and-family), so that he can try for a LL$ while I try for a boarding group (yes, I know we can log into the same account on different phones but I'd rather have different accounts for simplicity's sake).

When DS and I went a few weeks ago, we managed to spin off his profile into his own account, but I can't recall what steps we actually followed. I know that the first step will be for DH to create his own account, but how do I transfer all the things (hotel, tickets, dining reservations, etc.) from "my" account for him to his new account?

Just reread the above and it sounds terribly confusing...this situation is hard to articulate on a message board, lol.

Any advice?
Here's a general guide to help you with the process:

Start by having your husband create his own MDE account. He can do this by downloading the My Disney Experience app on his phone or by visiting the official Disney World website and following the registration process.

Once your husband has created his account, you will need to link your husband's account to yours as "Friends and Family." To do this, log in to your MDE account and navigate to the "My Family & Friends" section.

In the "My Family & Friends" section, look for the option to "Add a Guest" or "Invite a Guest." Enter your husband's email address or MDE username to send him an invitation to connect accounts.

Your husband should receive an email or notification prompting him to accept your invitation. Once he accepts, you both will be linked as "Friends and Family" on each other's accounts.

After the accounts are linked, you can proceed with transferring the necessary reservations. In your MDE account, go to the "My Plans" section and select the reservation you want to transfer.

Look for an option to "Modify" or "Change Guest" on the reservation. Choose that option and select your husband's name from the list of linked friends and family.

Confirm the transfer, and the reservation should now appear in your husband's MDE account.

Repeat this process for all the reservations you want to transfer, including hotel reservations, park tickets, and dining reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter