MDE previous and new family members?

beckysko

Mouseketeer
I have an existing account on MDE.
We booked a cruise first, and to do so I needed to put people's name on the reservation, through my Disney account, however it asked for our 'full name as on passport'. My name (and my husband/sons) names were 'short form' (eg: Becky, passport says Rebecca). So I made the reservation etc. by 'adding' people to the reservation.
However once in MDE, now everyone was on twice.
So I went through and removed all the 'old ones', leaving just our current reservation names, fine.

HOWEVER, now I can't see any of our previous magic bands.
Can I link them still to our new names? We will likely get new ones anyhow, but since we're in Canada, they won't mail them out and I wanted to have at least the old ones to work before we get there so we aren't rushing off to buy new ones right away, and can choose ones we like as we head into Disney Springs etc.

I have an existing account on MDE.
We booked a cruise first, and to do so I needed to put people's name on the reservation, through my Disney account, however it asked for our 'full name as on passport'. My name (and my husband/sons) names were 'short form' (eg: Becky, passport says Rebecca). So I made the reservation etc. by 'adding' people to the reservation.
However once in MDE, now everyone was on twice.
So I went through and removed all the 'old ones', leaving just our current reservation names, fine.

HOWEVER, now I can't see any of our previous magic bands.
Can I link them still to our new names? We will likely get new ones anyhow, but since we're in Canada, they won't mail them out and I wanted to have at least the old ones to work before we get there so we aren't rushing off to buy new ones right away, and can choose ones we like as we head into Disney Springs etc.
Unfortunately, MDE has no idea that those “old names” are the same people as the “new names.” So I think your best option is to call Disney IT Support at (407) 939-4357. They’ll have to merge the two profiles for each person into one so that the MBs will work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter